New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switched from the AFE to the Volant, after the AFE started falling apart off road... I've seen too many AFE rubber boots tear now, I wouldn't recommend them. That, and the metal AFE box started breaking in multiple places. Just overall poor quality in my opinion.

The Volant is solid. Higher quality parts, and the PowerCore filter is BAD ASS. Great intake. On top of that, I always had dirt residue inside the intake tube with the AFE... After the Land Rush 1000, being in the BACK the whole time choking on dust... the inside of the Volant intake still looked factory new, without a single spec of dirt! I'm sold.

Great feedback! Cant wait! I had the same dust issue with my Henessey

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
damn just watched the vid, didn't realize the coolant reservior was swapped too. Too much of a PITA to swap that in and out every 5k miles for my free dealer oil changes. Guess I'll wait a couple years and get it after my warranty is up lol.

Save the comments, too many badazz V8 Ford's at this house already with voided warranties, don't need to add another LOL. It's my DD and the only one left with a warranty lol

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn just watched the vid, didn't realize the coolant reservior was swapped too. Too much of a PITA to swap that in and out every 5k miles for my free dealer oil changes. Guess I'll wait a couple years and get it after my warranty is up lol.

Save the comments, too many badazz V8 Ford's at this house already with voided warranties, don't need to add another LOL. It's my DD and the only one left with a warranty lol

They never tell me about my intake. Then again, I pay $35 for my oil changes at the dealer. They do bitch about my large tires (extra cost to rotate).

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The coolant overflow is attached to the the tray the Volant sits in. When you uninstall the intake, literally the only extra step would be to pour the coolant back in to the stock resi.

For what it's worth, I know of 2 people running the Volant during the TRR. Whtrapta and me. Both of us were really impressed with em. Inside the box was dust, water, mud, etc. Pulled the filter, not a thing made it past. The PowerCore Filter that's with it is just awesome. And being enclosed it keep most of that stuff out

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coolant overflow is attached to the the tray the Volant sits in. When you uninstall the intake, literally the only extra step would be to pour the coolant back in to the stock resi.

For what it's worth, I know of 2 people running the Volant during the TRR. Whtrapta and me. Both of us were really impressed with em. Inside the box was dust, water, mud, etc. Pulled the filter, not a thing made it past. The PowerCore Filter that's with it is just awesome. And being enclosed it keep most of that stuff out

Were you running the newest one with the new resi?

Ozraptor

Reaction score
does volant system get in way of factory remote start connection? I thought i read somewhere that it had to be moved for volant to be installed?

Last edited:

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the old one did, the new one does not.

I have the old one and it was easy enough to ziptie the little plunger down to make it think the hood was always closed. :)