New Member in AZ - Gen 1 - 2014 - Need Guidance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

Is the AC issue only when you turn on the compressor or anytime the fan is blowing? (Try it on heat for instance). It's a very common issue for the recirculation actuator to break and drop a little knob down onto the fan and you can hear it anytime the fan is running because it's bouncing around in there. When you turn the fan on it sounds horrible. It's an easy fix to remove the piece from the blower, but more difficult to repair the actuator arm. My 2014 was this way when I bought it and I pulled the plastic piece out. I've never fixed it and just leave it where it sits - drawing outside air all the time. Unless it gets extremely hot where you live to the point the AC can't keep up, it's a bit of a non-issue. Lots of posts about this issue in this board.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice '14 model. I have the red one. Red seats mean Special Edition (SE) which was only available on the Ruby Red and Tuxedo Black along with the SVT rims only found on the SEs. I did just about all the maintenance required items myself and am glad to see I saved unbelievable amounts of money. Fuse 27 IS a must in my opinion and YouTube video shows how easy it is. I think I paid 30.00 on Amazon for the Ford kit. Fluid changes are also available on YouTube and is easy even for the non-mechanic type. My actuator went out and was $750 labor to remove and replace the entire dash. My door wouldn't fully close which allowed heated air to compete with the a/c, but didn't make any noises. Looks like a very nice addition to the family. If you're hesitant to do the maintenance yourself, you can still save money if you have a trusted mechanic shop other than a dealer. I have 151K miles and haven't changed my shocks. I'm the 3rd owner. 2nd owner put 86K miles on it and didn't remember changing the shocks. I have had no issues and the truck rides great. It is a pavement princess also. Raptor.jpg

Last edited:

gt350shelby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Been reading this forum and learning for the last 6 months and finally pulled the trigger on purchasing one and need help / guidance!

Overview of Truck I purchased:

Year: 2014
Model: SVT Raptor Crew Cab
Drivetrain: 87,500
Engine: 25,000 miles
Transmission: 25,000
Roush Stage 2: 25,000
801 A luxury
Red Trim interior

In 2021 valve spring broke and got sucked into engine and destroyed engine. Previous owner put in a BRAND NEW LONG block 6.2L at the local dealership.

At that time, he also had the dealer put on a stage 2 roush, and also replaced the transmission!

I talked with the dealer myself and had a pre purchase inspection done, and got a list of items to do.

So, I wanted help to see what would everyone else would do! I want this truck to last so don’t want to skimp on any regular maintenance/ proactive replacements to ensure I don’t have any issues.

I have attached dealers pre purchase inspection list or $3500 of items needing to be done, and there was a sweating on rear diff he said could be from $500-$1500 once they get in there.

Additionally after reading this forum, there was things the the dealer didn’t mention that I had temporarily bring up like:

Fuse 27 relocation issue dealer said $500 more dollars

Also fix shocks have not been rebuilt but it’s been a pavement queen, but on here everyone recommends rebuild every 50,000 miles and being at 87,000 it’s almost twice overdo, and that can run $1500 from what I’ve read on here.

Lastly, the dealership that has done all this work and also did the pre purchase inspection gave me green light to take truck up to Greer, AZ (mountain area).

Bad News: No issues driving up, but next day we are here when I turn on AC the whole truck seems to vibrate , and make a loud humming noise. AC still cold but as soon as I heard the noise, I did not want to leave on as we know that is not normal and the truck has never made that noise before.

In closing -

1. Nice to meet you all and the level of knowledge on this site is amazing.

2. I’m new owner and excited but a little bummed that the first outing there is an AC issue

3. I appreciate everyone’s help and guidance and will do what I can to share my experiences.

4. I’m not a mechanic and am going to trust dealer to do everything but need help ensuring I hold them accountable and don’t get ripped off!

5. Any recommendations on what to do first on this list the dealer recommended (see screenshots) in this post or my replies that shows dealer recommendations.

* but they didn’t say shocks he said shocks looked good but are over manufactured recommendations.

* the fuse relocation I’m sure is priority

* don’t have $7,000 to get it all done (shocks, fuse, and all dealer suggestions) so any prioritization will belp

* tires from 2018 so he recommends replacing but tread was fine at 7 (see report)

* garage kept with temp control so dealer and everyone that has seen the truck can’t believe it’s a 2014 and how clean it looks (don’t want to come across as the truck being a mess, just a lot of maintenance needs to be done).
Nice rig !