New Member in AZ - Gen 1 - 2014 - Need Guidance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

Is the AC issue only when you turn on the compressor or anytime the fan is blowing? (Try it on heat for instance). It's a very common issue for the recirculation actuator to break and drop a little knob down onto the fan and you can hear it anytime the fan is running because it's bouncing around in there. When you turn the fan on it sounds horrible. It's an easy fix to remove the piece from the blower, but more difficult to repair the actuator arm. My 2014 was this way when I bought it and I pulled the plastic piece out. I've never fixed it and just leave it where it sits - drawing outside air all the time. Unless it gets extremely hot where you live to the point the AC can't keep up, it's a bit of a non-issue. Lots of posts about this issue in this board.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice '14 model. I have the red one. Red seats mean Special Edition (SE) which was only available on the Ruby Red and Tuxedo Black along with the SVT rims only found on the SEs. I did just about all the maintenance required items myself and am glad to see I saved unbelievable amounts of money. Fuse 27 IS a must in my opinion and YouTube video shows how easy it is. I think I paid 30.00 on Amazon for the Ford kit. Fluid changes are also available on YouTube and is easy even for the non-mechanic type. My actuator went out and was $750 labor to remove and replace the entire dash. My door wouldn't fully close which allowed heated air to compete with the a/c, but didn't make any noises. Looks like a very nice addition to the family. If you're hesitant to do the maintenance yourself, you can still save money if you have a trusted mechanic shop other than a dealer. I have 151K miles and haven't changed my shocks. I'm the 3rd owner. 2nd owner put 86K miles on it and didn't remember changing the shocks. I have had no issues and the truck rides great. It is a pavement princess also. Raptor.jpg

Last edited: