new delivery miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had 97 miles on mine. If that wasn't bad enough, I had asked them not to wash it (I never trust they'll do as good a job as I would) and the truck looked like total crap inside. Didn't even have any of the usual shrink-wrap type coverings on the floor. Wasn't the dealer either. The truck had just come off the transport rig.
Really disappointing that Ford has such poor quality control and could let something leave their facility like that.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
15 off the transport with spray in bed liner. 17.4 after fuel, crappy prep and filthy wheel wells.
Not happy but it is what it is, right?
I'm on the lower end of the mileage game but my last two Raptors came in at 3 and 8.

PERRIN_ADAM

Reaction score
132 miles
9 hours idle time

I watched it come off transport. No note for sample miles.

Totally ridiculous but what can one do?

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
132 miles
9 hours idle time

I watched it come off transport. No note for sample miles.

Totally ridiculous but what can one do?

15 October build: 50 miles/no note.

Not nearly enough miles for an October unit. Had the Service Foreman drive it around for me. Next day we both put more miles on it.

Finally satisfied with ~80 miles and no defects noted....signed for it and brought it home. I'd rather have it well tested than delivered with issues.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not really a letter. It's a small sticker, about 3"x3.5" that says: "To the Owner: This new vehicle was selected at random for road testing following assembly. The odometer reading includes _____miles registered during this evaluation. We hope you will enjoy driving your new Ford Motor Company vehicle for many safe and pleasant miles" Signed; Vehicle Operations, Ford Motor Company. It was attached to the windshield behind the sun visor on the driver side.

pottkotj

Reaction score
15 October build: 50 miles/no note.

Not nearly enough miles for an October unit. Had the Service Foreman drive it around for me. Next day we both put more miles on it.

Finally satisfied with ~80 miles and no defects noted....signed for it and brought it home. I'd rather have it well tested than delivered with issues.

Some people may not appreciate your wisdom. I had 39 miles at delivery (1/18/2017). Within 50 miles, it started throwing error messages which equated to the power train. I had my truck for 4 days before it got so bad that I to put it in the shop. It's been there ever since. Not expected to have the truck back for several more weeks.

Last edited: