New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just doing downpipes for now. Maybe exhaust later but don't feel like having drone or a super loud exhaust at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Corsa muffler was just delivered and I am installing it tomorrow. I will try to provide feedback tomorrow with my thoughts and maybe a video. I am actually just installing it to see if I can get rid of the harmonic frequency vibration from the stock exhaust that is causing my gas pedal to vibrate. While a better sound is a plus, that is not my reason for doing the swap. I really hope the change works, or I will go nuts!!!!

Keep us posted Jeff
Waiting for Kooks down pipes after that Corsa all the way.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think I've heard the kooks downpipes but the stainless works downpipes alone sounded a little raspy.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted Jeff
Waiting for Kooks down pipes after that Corsa all the way.

I apologize, but after driving my truck with the new Corsa muffler, I need to edit my post below. I had two glorious days with no vibration in my gas pedal, but those good times are over; the gas pedal vibration has returned and remained with me for multiple days. I was really hoping the new exhaust would fix the issue, but it did not.

As for the new Corsa exhaust, it definitely has a nicer/louder tone than stock, but it isn't overbearing or loud enough to draw comments from the wife, so all is well. That said, I have noticed what I would call a slight drone at 80 MPH. At 75 MPH and lower it is whisper quiet, but at 80 MPH or higher, there is a slight drone that might bother some. I should have tested the new muffler for more than two days before I posted the response below, so I apologize.

"My gas pedal vibration is completely gone!!!!!! If you are having this problem and it is driving you nuts, buy the Corsa sport muffler and the harmful frequencies that cause the gas pedal to vibrate will completely disappear.

As for the Corsa sport muffler, if you are looking for a fairly aggressive sound, you will also need to do the resonator delete. The sport muffler is definitely louder than stock with a better tone, but is it somewhat subtle. If I didn't tell my wife what I did, I doubt that she would have noticed anything different. You here a quiet growl while idling, definitely a slightly louder and deeper tone while accelerating, and virtually nothing while cruising on the highway. All said and done, the Corsa sport muffler did exactly what I wanted by removing the gas pedal vibration, it has a slightly louder and better sound, but it is definitely quieter than what I thought it would be."

Last edited:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've heard the kooks downpipes but the stainless works downpipes alone sounded a little raspy.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

The off road version did sound alittle raspy I think the high flow cats calmed it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLI62

Reaction score
My gas pedal vibration is completely gone!!!!!! If you are having this problem and it is driving you nuts, buy the Corsa sport muffler and the harmful frequencies that cause the gas pedal to vibrate will completely disappear.

As for the Corsa sport muffler, if you are looking for a fairly aggressive sound, you will also need to do the resonator delete. The sport muffler is definitely louder than stock with a better tone, but is it somewhat subtle. If I didn't tell my wife what I did, I doubt that she would have noticed anything different. You here a quiet growl while idling, definitely a slightly louder and deeper tone while accelerating, and virtually nothing while cruising on the highway. All said and done, the Corsa sport muffler did exactly what I wanted by removing the gas pedal vibration, it has a slightly louder and better sound, but it is definitely quieter than what I thought it would be.

Jeff, had you always had the gas pedal vibration since you bought the truck? The reason I ask is that I've noticed the same thing with mine but the vibration didn't manifest itself until I added the Icon perch to my truck.

Ordered my Borla from Freedom Motor Sports last night. Can't wait to get it installed.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff, had you always had the gas pedal vibration since you bought the truck? The reason I ask is that I've noticed the same thing with mine but the vibration didn't manifest itself until I added the Icon perch to my truck.

Ordered my Borla from Freedom Motor Sports last night. Can't wait to get it installed.

I don't remember having it when I drove it off the lot, but it definitely appeared very shortly there after. I am soooooo glad that it is gone!!!!!! It 100% drove me nuts and made the truck feel really cheap.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought i'd repost my thoughts from my build thread.

so I just switched from the welded in Gibson WMA muffler to the Borla S. I figured no point in pics as its still the stock tips at this point. I switched to the borla b/c the wma had drone around 2k rpm, especially since I prefer to drive in sport mode so the truck isn't lugging around less than that a lot of the time. my thoughts are:
-the 2k drone is gone now with the borla.
-the wma was actually a deeper sound throughout the rpm band....good or band depending on preference.
-the borla does get louder when you step on it, and does sound more 'high performance.' I don't think id have interest in the ATAK model.
-the borla does get raspier than the wma at higher rpm....good or bad depending on preference. my f80 m3 with exhaust did the same thing..some like it, some don't.
-could be placebo, but I do feel like throttle response and sport mode shifts are both better with the borla.
-the borla product costs 10X the WMA muffler....that is a tough one but depends on your tolerance for a little drone here and there.
-so far I like the borla s and am getting happier with it, especially as it deepens with a few more miles on it. my friend though is pleased enough with my old wma as he just installed it on his screw, so I'm glad its not wasted.

OLI62

Reaction score
Installed the Borla S on my truck yesterday and have to say I think it sounds pretty wicked. Louder but it has about as good a grumble as a six is going to give you. Sounds pretty much like the videos of it I watched.

I drove seventy two miles yesterday with about forty of it on I-75. No drone up to 87 mph which was as fast as I could get my truck on 75 and sustain it with traffic. No passenger side rattle and, for now, the gas pedal vibration I had is gone. The tone has some rasp but again I don't think you're ever going to get around that and have a more aggressive sound with a six.

Overall I'm happy with it. I think for my purposes the Atak would have been a little to much.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Installed the Borla S on my truck yesterday and have to say I think it sounds pretty wicked. Louder but it has about as good a grumble as a six is going to give you. Sounds pretty much like the videos of it I watched.

I drove seventy two miles yesterday with about forty of it on I-75. No drone up to 87 mph which was as fast as I could get my truck on 75 and sustain it with traffic. No passenger side rattle and, for now, the gas pedal vibration I had is gone. The tone has some rasp but again I don't think you're ever going to get around that and have a more aggressive sound with a six.

Overall I'm happy with it. I think for my purposes the Atak would have been a little to much.

Awesome to hear you are happy with it. Thanks again!