new 2024, have some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Hey guys, Got my 2024 Raptor couple weeks ago and have some questions for more experienced folks here

1- Can the auto start/stop feature be permanently turned off, instead of reverting to on after turning the car off/on?
2 - On the right side of the infotainment screen, there is an option to activate the bed camera while driving. Is there a way to change this to a different camera/view? (I know I can flip through all the camera angles using the camera hard button on top of the screen, but that doesn't allow you to see all the other stuff on your screen such as navi, music, etc.)
3 - On the main speedometer screen, I use the "performance" view. However, is there a way to have the center # be the speed, rather than the gear # ?
4 - Can I permanently set which setting the car should be in for steering/suspension/exhaust, instead of resetting after turning the car off/on?
5 - Under driver assistance > trailer side view, which broadcasts the side view camera during a lane change, doesnt seem to work. I dont have a trailer hooked up, but I was hoping this feature is available during a lane change even without a trailer.

Thanks in advance!!

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, Got my 2024 Raptor couple weeks ago and have some questions for more experienced folks here

1- Can the auto start/stop feature be permanently turned off, instead of reverting to on after turning the car off/on?
No. You can save the auto off in the My Mode but that’s about it.
2 - On the right side of the infotainment screen, there is an option to activate the bed camera while driving. Is there a way to change this to a different camera/view? (I know I can flip through all the camera angles using the camera hard button on top of the screen, but that doesn't allow you to see all the other stuff on your screen such as navi, music, etc.)
Just the Bed camera for the side card.
3 - On the main speedometer screen, I use the "performance" view. However, is there a way to have the center # be the speed, rather than the gear # ?
No. For now it’s just the gear indication.
4 - Can I permanently set which setting the car should be in for steering/suspension/exhaust, instead of resetting after turning the car off/on?
You can set all of those setting and a save the My Mode but you still have to hit the My Mode button at every start.
5 - Under driver assistance > trailer side view, which broadcasts the side view camera during a lane change, doesnt seem to work. I dont have a trailer hooked up, but I was hoping this feature is available during a lane change even without a trailer.
Trailer needs to be connected.
Thanks in advance!!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

@Antho is spot on but to add to #1, if you want this feature off permanently, you could purchase this device…

Or, keep it in Sports Mode as I’ve read this mode prevents the start/stop feature from engaging.

Or…or…you could have your truck tuned and that’ll eliminate the feature.

Or…or…or take my approach and just drive the damn truck and pay it no attention. As of late, mine seems to have eliminated itself. My truck’s way of doing me a favor. Will I look into it…prolly not. Not a big deal to me but is to you so one of the above options should suit your needs.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Or…or…or take my approach and just drive the damn truck and pay it no attention. As of late, mine seems to have eliminated itself. My truck’s way of doing me a favor. Will I look into it…prolly not. Not a big deal to me but is to you so one of the above options should suit your needs.

Auto Stop/start will stop working when certain conditions exist. From Ford:

Auto Start-Stop may not shut your engine off if your vehicle battery is charging, the engine is still warming up, or if you are using heat or air conditioning

Mine stopped working when I had a bad battery.