my Raptor vs Prius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will have to hire a personal adjuster for diminished value. Go to a reputable repair shop and ask for a couple references. The other insurance company will send out their own, and low ball the shit out of you. NEVER ACCEPT A CHECK FOR DIMINISHED VALUE UNTIL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did diminished value about 6 months ago (on another vehicle - not my Raptor)
It was a piece of cake.
The ONLY things I had to do:
I called the ins company immediately and told them I wanted to start a DV claim.
AFTER my truck was fixed, I tool it to two different Ford dealers and just had them give me a quote in writing of before/after value. You will also need a Carfax showing the accident has "flagged" the truck. I might have had 3 hours in the whole process.

I scanned it all in and emailed it to the other ins company. No arguement at all from them - took about a week to get a check.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did diminished value about 6 months ago (on another vehicle - not my Raptor)
It was a piece of cake.
The ONLY things I had to do:
I called the ins company immediately and told them I wanted to start a DV claim.
AFTER my truck was fixed, I tool it to two different Ford dealers and just had them give me a quote in writing of before/after value. You will also need a Carfax showing the accident has "flagged" the truck. I might have had 3 hours in the whole process.

I scanned it all in and emailed it to the other ins company. No arguement at all from them - took about a week to get a check.

Great information to know...Insurance Companies do NOT advertise this, at least mine did not, when a semi backed into my Excursion...

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great information to know...Insurance Companies do NOT advertise this, at least mine did not, when a semi backed into my Excursion...

No they def dont. I didnt have a clue about it until a friend told me he had done it.

Like I said, really not much work for $$$. And not like it wasn't deserved either. You sell a vehicle that has been wrecked, especially in todays age with Carfax and such, they will not be worth as much.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they def dont. I didnt have a clue about it until a friend told me he had done it.

Like I said, really not much work for $$$. And not like it wasn't deserved either. You sell a vehicle that has been wrecked, especially in todays age with Carfax and such, they will not be worth as much.

It wasn't that bad, mainly the front fender fiberglass was cracked.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I told u that I would have shot he wrecker driver. Nv Guy is absolutely correct about not pulling a driveshaft in order to put the vehicle in tow. If your saying that the transfer case is locked up from the accident, just tell them that the trans is ****** up from it as well. That is total horse shit that they couldn't put you truck on a flat bed carrier an tow it that way. Majority of cars nowadays need to be flat beded anyways. I couldn't even hook it up to my wrecker without messing up your truck worse than what they did. Of course my wrecker is over kill for your rig. They should know better. I'm still working on the cab side info for ya. I got busy at work and forgot to call.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does diminished value reimbursement happen in all 50 states? A friend of mine just got hit in here Mini Cooper and it was 65% totaled instead of 70% so they're repairing it. I told her to talk to her insurance company about diminished value and she was told they don't have to do it in TX. Any truth to that?