my Raptor vs Prius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are your underinsured/uninsured policy limits? if they are high (all homeowners/business owners should have high limits) you can go after your policy to make up the difference in money for the truck. and it wont affect your insurance premiums.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if they are drunk or on drugs Id take um to the cleaners. if you don't feel right about it you can donate some to me or who ever. either way your insurance should cover your mod's if you added them to your policy. for example your raptor is worth 62k you add 10k to it you have to add it to your coverage.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good that you’re not hurt or it doesn’t seem that you are.

If it was me, I wouldnt mention wearing or not wearing a seat belt on a public forum. If things get all lawyer-y and you find you have some medical issues they might bring up contributory negligence but that's only if someone involved wasn’t wearing a seat belt.

Did the tow company pull your driveshaft before towing it? How far was the first tow? There could be some transmission damage if they didnt pull the drive shaft. Ford doesn’t want these trucks towed from the front. IIRM it's in the owner's manual. Really, the tow company bears some responsibility in this by damaging your bumper.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you still have to let them know to up your policy. I'm sure it is a % probably 10k increment. I'm guessing. full coverage is mandatory when doing a loan you can't keep adding to it and not adjusting your coverage. 100 bucks is not something I'm talking about 5k you might want to 10k definitely tell the insurance to make sure it's covered. so 5k your premium might not increase 10k yep you would pay an extra few bucks a month. now I'm lost and have know idea what I'm trying to say.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^you might want to look into a better insurance policy, those are some incredibly low $ amounts

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good that you’re not hurt or it doesn’t seem that you are.

If it was me, I wouldnt mention wearing or not wearing a seat belt on a public forum. If things get all lawyer-y and you find you have some medical issues they might bring up contributory negligence but that's only if someone involved wasn’t wearing a seat belt.

Did the tow company pull your driveshaft before towing it? How far was the first tow? There could be some transmission damage if they didnt pull the drive shaft. Ford doesn’t want these trucks towed from the front. IIRM it's in the owner's manual. Really, the tow company bears some responsibility in this by damaging your bumper.
Thanks!

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a minimum limit policy.you arent going to get any help from your policy. just hope the other drivers policy is higher, or they have personnal assets.