My quarter mile and 0 to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. This pretty much confirms my suspicions that the Cobb tunes w/o the tranny tuning gave power on dyno but didn’t equate to much in terms of actual improvement in acceleration since the tranny was still acting on stock parameters. Your 0-60 #s WITH their trans tuning- which, no offense I’m just going to guess is no where near as dialed-in/complete as MPT/Gearhead for example- are behind the OPs & while respectable are basically about where a good stock run could be. I’m sure more repeatable w/ the other mods + tune.

Just to be clear- not knocking your tune/mods just stating that, essentially, I feel like cobb was selling “1/2 tunes” before & w/o any adjustment to the TCM didn’t really translate to tangible significant improvements in real world acceleration. I had called em out on this they refused to offer up any before/after 1/4 mile results & the results they did show w/ ECM tune only were nothing to write home about.

You’re def on right track to disable TC, but I think locking that rear might not be best idea on pavement while simultaneously going Wot balls to wall....

I’d love to see how the OPs draggy device compares to actual times @ the strip.

While I’m not really that concerned about running Baja trucks down the drag strip it’s cool to see how much a tune transforms these things. High 12’s in 1/4 from a 5600 lb flying brick on 35”s is just nuts.

thanks mate, i do want to run it at the strip one of these days myself, i didnt buy the truck to race it at the drag strip i just wanted to beat henneseys time of 12.9 which i did so i am very happy wit that lol , i do however need to compare this run at the drag strip, i should be able to get abtter launch to kick m 60 foot down to 1.8 at least that would be awesome

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a driveline "clunk" if I switch from 4A to 2H on throttle. Doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to switch it at WOT.

SAME HERE!! i switched to to Awd on the stop sign, then i took off and it made a bang bang bang i left of right away, now when i go wot on the freeway in awd there is a pretty good vibratrion so i made a service appointment for thutsday for them to get iy all checked out

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SAME HERE!! i switched to to Awd on the stop sign, then i took off and it made a bang bang bang i left of right away, now when i go wot on the freeway in awd there is a pretty good vibratrion so i made a service appointment for thutsday for them to get iy all checked out

It does say in the manual that you may hear a clunk but man it does sound bad :)

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
NEVER switch drive modes or 4WD modes under power! You must let the vehicle coast while switching or if stopped you must let it roll a bit to let the front hubs lock in. The front hubs slipping across the splines is what causes the noise. You have likely damaged the locking hubs causing the vibration.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NEVER switch drive modes or 4WD modes under power! You must let the vehicle coast while switching or if stopped you must let it roll a bit to let the front hubs lock in. The front hubs slipping across the splines is what causes the noise. You have likely damaged the locking hubs causing the vibration.

I dunno bout that...while it’s a different system (lacks the wet clutch packs which would be a negative but I think the hubs engage magnetically instead of vacuum actuated like ford so a positive) BUT all GM dudes who run trucks @ strip start in 4A then switch to 2wd once hooking

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I dunno bout that...while it’s a different system (lacks the wet clutch packs which would be a negative but I think the hubs engage magnetically instead of vacuum actuated like ford so a positive) BUT all GM dudes who run trucks @ strip start in 4A then switch to 2wd once hooking

The hubs engage under simple light spring pressure and are released by the applied engine vacuum. When the vacuum is removed, the very slight spring pressure allows the m to engage. I have a set of new front hubs on the shelf in my garage.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, for the input, i did learn some lessons on how to engage the 4a , even semi lightly on throttle when its switched to 4a it makes a noise. hopefully they can swich out the part if there is any damage to it, everything else works like a charm.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im curious to know if there are any other guys here that have done their qaurter mile testing either on the drag strip or using the draggy. i havent had a chance to take it to the drag strip yet. but from my experience the draggy is just as accurate. i have both mpt tunes and 5 star tunes, and even though the 5 star tune spikes up to 21.5 psi i have had slower perforance figures than mpt. and mpt never went past 19psi on the nguage device that i have noticed, but my fastest times were all under mpt e50 tune. thanks more power tuning!!!