My quarter mile and 0 to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also Cobb Tuned but haven't tried the Cobb timer yet. I am curious now though... Also I am only about 15 mins from Rindge over the border in MA so keep an eye out for black screw!!! I spend a lot of time on the lake!!!!

No kidding, I'll keep an eye out. In the area there's mine (Lead Foot), a Magnetic one, a black one with green wheels, and I see a red one crossing the MA boarder a lot.

Very interesting. This pretty much confirms my suspicions that the Cobb tunes w/o the tranny tuning gave power on dyno but didn’t equate to much in terms of actual improvement in acceleration since the tranny was still acting on stock parameters. Your 0-60 #s WITH their trans tuning- which, no offense I’m just going to guess is no where near as dialed-in/complete as MPT/Gearhead for example- are behind the OPs & while respectable are basically about where a good stock run could be. I’m sure more repeatable w/ the other mods + tune.

Just to be clear- not knocking your tune/mods just stating that, essentially, I feel like cobb was selling “1/2 tunes” before & w/o any adjustment to the TCM didn’t really translate to tangible significant improvements in real world acceleration. I had called em out on this they refused to offer up any before/after 1/4 mile results & the results they did show w/ ECM tune only were nothing to write home about.

You’re def on right track to disable TC, but I think locking that rear might not be best idea on pavement while simultaneously going Wot balls to wall....

I've found the difference is definitely noticeable based on the old butt dyno, but I didn't time it stock to compare. I think the COBB tune is definitely conservative. I don't think the idea is for it to be the fastest tune ever, but a safe and reliable "lowest common denominator" tune. For people like me that prefer to keep things more stock, but want a bit more oomph, I think it works well. I'll be sure to post up if I can eek out a better time.

Why do you think diff lock is a bad idea with straight line acceleration? Seems it would just help prevent wheel spin.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AWD launch and then just slip it out to 2WD. Since it's clutched it will actually come out of AWD under load, unlike 4WD. I don't remember my 60' but it was 12.6 after 3 averages in 25 degree weather.

--we also used two different devices all three times so i guess it was the average of 6 runs :)

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWD launch and then just slip it out to 2WD. Since it's clutched it will actually come out of AWD under load, unlike 4WD. I don't remember my 60' but it was 12.6 after 3 averages in 25 degree weather.

I get a driveline "clunk" if I switch from 4A to 2H on throttle. Doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to switch it at WOT.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get a driveline "clunk" if I switch from 4A to 2H on throttle. Doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to switch it at WOT.

I do drive forward and backwards several times to make sure it's locked in. Otherwise you are right BOOM! The owners manual says you might hear a "clunk" when engaging AWD but come on!! I don't get it while coming out of gear tho...only going in under power.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do drive forward and backwards several times to make sure it's locked in. Otherwise you are right BOOM! The owners manual says you might hear a "clunk" when engaging AWD but come on!! I don't get it while coming out of gear tho...only going in under power.

I just trust the dash display as far as engaging it. Once it stops saying shift in progress I assume it's good to go. I'd love to try launching in 2H on a prepped surface because I'm sure there's more drivetrain drag in AWD, but it absolutely won't hook up from a stop in 2H.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding, I'll keep an eye out. In the area there's mine (Lead Foot), a Magnetic one, a black one with green wheels, and I see a red one crossing the MA boarder a lot.

I've found the difference is definitely noticeable based on the old butt dyno, but I didn't time it stock to compare. I think the COBB tune is definitely conservative. I don't think the idea is for it to be the fastest tune ever, but a safe and reliable "lowest common denominator" tune. For people like me that prefer to keep things more stock, but want a bit more oomph, I think it works well. I'll be sure to post up if I can eek out a better time.

Why do you think diff lock is a bad idea with straight line acceleration? Seems it would just help prevent wheel spin.

Mine is black with black venomrex wheels and BD A Pillar lights

I agree with you, the truck with the 93 Cobb tune vs Stock is quite an improvement in my opinion. No dyno #s or time sheets to prove. The added response and power make it rather fun to drive for a truck

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread motivated me to try again since the road is dry today...

80498178_10157811309966597_7684149225046671360_o.jpg

Setup: COBB Stage 1 93oct ECM and OEM+ TCM, 4A, Sport, TC Off, Diff Locked, Brake Boosted
Conditions: COBB Stage 1 ECM and OEM+ TCM, 20'F, 1100ft ASL, 71% humidity

Got some wheel slip at launch and had 100lbs of cargo and a nearly full tank onboard. I think on a better surface and with less onboard weight it's good for 4.7.