Must-have accessories - what are/will you be adding to your Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's not, but tell me that doesn't look navy blue.

Hmm, looks like the original photographer must have taken the picture with an iPhone. Color does look a little off;)

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be hard I think. Because the cover sits on top of the rails. I will not be doing a rack system so it's not a big deal for me.

Yea I emailed them and that is what they said. I really like the cover and the ability to open from both sides while keeping the gate closed. I need to have a rack system for SUPs, surfboards, bikes, etc., so it's a deal killer for me unfortunately. I've got a Pace Edwards Ultragroove with Thule rack system heading my way next week. Enjoy that cover. I'm jealous!

window2time

Reaction score
I looked at the PDP Raptor style flaps on the Freedom Motorsports website but I don't see that they list these for the 2017 model. Do we have confirmation these fit? Sorry the answer is already posted somewhere else, I couldn't find it. Thanks

Curious of what ya'll think are the must-have accessories for your Gen2. I'm not talking about big mods here. I'm talking about stuff like mud flaps, cargo/bed storage boxes, etc. My initial thoughts are to get:

Must-haves:
- Tonneau cover with integrated rack
- ?
- ?

Optional:
- mud flaps (PDP raptor style)
- driver-side storage bed box (swing out version)
- car cover (my truck doesn't fit in the garage so thinking of getting an all-weather cover)
- ?
- ?

thoughts on this stuff and others - thanks!

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the PDP Raptor style flaps on the Freedom Motorsports website but I don't see that they list these for the 2017 model. Do we have confirmation these fit? Sorry the answer is already posted somewhere else, I couldn't find it. Thanks

I emailed them and asked that very question. I believe the "Raptor" logo is from the Gen1 which is still fine by me but I also want to know if they will be updating their guards for Gen2.

But I'm still on the fence with mud flaps. I know functionally they are great but I can't decide if they take away from the look of the Raptor or not. First-world problems!

Jamin55

Reaction score
Question: Picking up SCAB Raptor on Friday. Delivered to Dealer today. LineX Bed and Wheel Wells tomorrow as well as BakFlip F1. Do the WeatherTech Floor Liners designed for all F150 SCABS fit or is there something unique about the Raptors?
Trying to to decide on Mud Flaps
Ruby Red in Vermont

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That last picture makes the truck look chrome. Damn!!

But I googled that product and holy shit is it expensive. Did you pay to have it installed or can you buy the product and do it yourself?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint re-finished with Modesta coating.
Fuel D551 wheels.
Tint tomorrow.

aaa0a89ccc9cf3f19b1c43b3f950e657.jpg57700605fde5eca081d617ebef1f0be9.jpgf82a4c5852f9dea105df089a07098596.jpg0c31624e5faf81b8cf2713b619111899.jpg

The truck looks amazing! The finish is as smooth and shiny as glass. I'm having mine ceramic coated next weekend and the guy who's doing it says that it will shine like that. I hope so :)