Mods you wish you never did

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alangsam1

Reaction score
i had rpg collars on the front of my 2020. did not like them and took them off. they took out the progressiveness of the spring and made it ride rough and not fit in garage. rides so much better without them and truck is pretty level

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What the hell is a bar ditch! Is that where you get cerveza? A stirred, not shaken, martini? Holy shit am I dumb.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You've never heard "stay out of the bar ditch" when you drive home after a few pops?
Nope. But maybe that’s because I don’t drink. Haven’t had one since 1995. And no, not a recovering alkie, but my wife is and when she stopped I figured if I wanted her to be successful I’d not drink either. Though my drink of choice remains Diet Pepsi.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only mod I regret is the level lift I install. i should have done a proper suspension mod instead of being cheap. It doesn't bother me per se but studs had to be cut and now that I wan to do proper suspension mods it's gonna cost a lot more money.

thomas78

Reaction score
After a trip to Baja I wish I would have just done the in bed chase rack verse the flat JDS mount I went with. It is a super clean setup but I had major vibration issues with the air tank and pro eagle jack mount. The jack mount sheared at the mounting bolts "on the jds side" not the pro eagle mount and flung around in my bed bending the jack wheels and fender. Its a super clean street, easy going off road mount but not Baja approved. I ended up running a bolt through the air tank mount to take the rattle out and went with bolts through the bed on the pro eagle mount. Spare tire did stay in place pretty good but those chase racks are the way to go!