Mods you wish you never did

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love me a good exhaust but will be taking my atak off shortly. Think I will roll with stock and leave it there.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok you're right. It wasn't PC's fault. It was the drivers fault for having such a stupid device on the truck. Better?
Half right. It was the driver's fault. Period. The exact same thing could have happened without the PC. You sneeze and your foot slips to the gas but you don't realize it, the truck starts moving, your reaction is to push down harder with your foot. Which is now on the gas. All the PC did was give him less time to recover from his mistake. It's entirely blameless.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Half right. It was the driver's fault. Period. The exact same thing could have happened without the PC. You sneeze and your foot slips to the gas but you don't realize it, the truck starts moving, your reaction is to push down harder with your foot. Which is now on the gas. All the PC did was give him less time to recover from his mistake. It's entirely blameless.
I didn’t blame the PC. I said it was a stupid device and blamed he driver for having one.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wrong. Part of the default programming is to exclude accidental quick hits from doing that. Ever stomped on the gas and had to wait for a bit for things to register? That's a safety feature to prevent exactly this from happening.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wrong. Part of the default programming is to exclude accidental quick hits from doing that. Ever stomped on the gas and had to wait for a bit for things to register? That's a safety feature to prevent exactly this from happening.
I figured that it was ****** software. :( I could see that maybe in normal mode, but in any of the off road modes? That's more dangerous, not safer. And who know if it was an accidental quick hit or not. People get distracted and screw up. Most cases of unintended acceleration are supposedly driver error. My Mom drove her Chrysler into my bedroom once doing exactly that ... so I'd be willing to bet a reasonable amount at reasonable odds that the guy screwed up and then blamed it on a sneeze, on the PC, on anything but himself.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured that it was ****** software. :( I could see that maybe in normal mode, but in any of the off road modes? That's more dangerous, not safer. And who know if it was an accidental quick hit or not. People get distracted and screw up. Most cases of unintended acceleration are supposedly driver error. My Mom drove her Chrysler into my bedroom once doing exactly that ... so I'd be willing to bet a reasonable amount at reasonable odds that the guy screwed up and then blamed it on a sneeze, on the PC, on anything but himself.
He was stopped at a bar ditch - there are two witnesses. You'd have to stomp - and hold - on the pedal in a stock truck to spin it all around to flip it like he did. Having been given a free iDrive for testing, I can attest the device goes way overboard in the throttle adjustment, and a quick accidental tap could result in this type of behavior.

I was offered a percentage of sales if I helped promote the device in the US. So, the fact I say it is pointless - and dangerous - should show how little I think of the Pedal Commander/iDrive/etc.

It was driver error x3 - first, he put a stupid device on his truck. Secondly, he dialed up stupid device to stupid levels (which PC is equally to blame for), and 3) he accidentally tapped on the throttle when he didn't mean to. However, if he hadn't done the first two stupid things, the third thing would not have resulted in a crash.

As an aside, Lance has some of the fastest times at the local track - so if it caused problems for him, probably not a good idea for anyone else.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
He was stopped at a bar ditch - there are two witnesses. You'd have to stomp - and hold - on the pedal in a stock truck to spin it all around to flip it like he did. Having been given a free iDrive for testing, I can attest the device goes way overboard in the throttle adjustment, and a quick accidental tap could result in this type of behavior.

So that’s just incorrect, period. It’s incorrect about the Raptor Assault trucks, and it is certainly inaccurate of my 2017. This is called “rationalizing”.

It was driver error x3 - first, he put a stupid device on his truck. Secondly, he dialed up stupid device to stupid levels (which PC is equally to blame for), and 3) he accidentally tapped on the throttle when he didn't mean to. However, if he hadn't done the first two stupid things, the third thing would not have resulted in a crash.

oh, but here’s the bit that really seals it for all of us to just leave it alone, because we are simply “not worthy"

As an aside, Lance has some of the fastest times at the local track - so if it caused problems for him, probably not a good idea for anyone else.

You don’t know this guy, but I do and this guy is a/an internet/track/benchracing/offroad/hill climb/trials/road race hero and legend far beyond your mortal comprehension. because he is far beyond your mortal comprehension, and he can do no wrong, what I say must be true.

Dude’s ego and right foot wrote a check his skills couldn’t cash. He overdrew his talent account and had no overdraft protection.

Defending this guy is only hurting your credibility.