Milestar Patagonia XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see the Nitto’s getting some negative feedback on this site but given the type of business I have I’d suspect I buy a lot more truck tires than the average person. Although my business vehicles are primarily HD diesel and not light weight Raptors, so there is that.
I used to run BFG MT on all my work trucks up until they started with the KM2, I bought several sets of those and they just didn’t hold up or wear well. I bought various tires for awhile after that until Nitto truck tires came on the scene in a bigger way. I’ve bought countless Trail Grapplers and all things considered, I’ll keep right on buying them, we drive HD trucks, typically heavy in an off road environment every day, sometimes towing equipment. They are the best balance of a tire for what we do.
Personally I’ve had 6 lifted/ modified diesel trucks that mainly see hiway duty. I’ve ran the Ridge Grapplers primarily and occasionally a set of Trail Grapplers. They’ve done fine on my personal vehicles. I have Trail Grapplers on my Gen 2, they take some “ wearing in”, usually a couple thousand miles and can be a little unstable at first until the tread blocks wear a little, but seem fine after that.
I’m only running about 32 psi in them.
Admittedly I tried the Ridge Grapplers on my 2017 SD work truck and they just sucked off road and didn’t hold up.
The wife’s Gen 3 will likely never be on more than gravel road. But I guess if they suck on a Raptor, I’ll let you know. It’s not like they are giving me free tires.
go falken at3w of toyo at3 if you want a little more of an aggressive look.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like driving on tires made of ice. They look good and thats about it.
Yup, exactly. When people say they're good in inclement weather it makes me gasp.

I am considering getting out of KO2s just because they turn from amazing to bad pretty quick. First 5-10k miles is awesome though.

Maxxis Razr ATs fit the entire mold pretty well.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats insane. I find that hard to believe. Chicago is all flat land, but try taking any Nitto product in mountain rain or snow and you'll be sideways pretty damn quick.
I had 33s at the time
59325FDA-4C5F-4548-8EB8-E5DEE617CFAB.jpeg

Then went to 35 K02’s which also did well.
CF133417-5A15-415C-89A4-93C6658EDE1F.jpeg

Last it had 35” Falken’s which were the best but also the heaviest.
8D383868-20FE-407B-965E-1F5ABBB04883.jpeg

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats insane. I find that hard to believe. Chicago is all flat land, but try taking any Nitto product in mountain rain or snow and you'll be sideways pretty damn quick.

I wouldn't own another set of Ridge Grapplers here in the N. GA mountains. Hydroplaned a few times in my old truck with them on. Luckily I never wrecked it but came close enough to sideswiping an Expedition that I had to change my underwear. Jury is still out on these Toyo RT Trail's I just put on the Raptor.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I will be staying with the BFG KO2 and plan on changing tires around the 35-40k mark or sooner if necessary. This is more often than most, but a few times a year you can catch the BFG rebate and if you can store them you get the best price for when you actually need them. No better feeling in a truck than new tires or new shocks. Feels like you are driving on clouds.

Has anyone looked into the GOODYEAR Wrangler DuraTrac? They got some decent reviews from many of the Jeepers.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I will be staying with the BFG KO2 and plan on changing tires around the 35-40k mark or sooner if necessary. This is more often than most, but a few times a year you can catch the BFG rebate and if you can store them you get the best price for when you actually need them. No better feeling in a truck than new tires or new shocks. Feels like you are driving on clouds.

Has anyone looked into the GOODYEAR Wrangler DuraTrac? They got some decent reviews from many of the Jeepers.
Personally, I've never understood the Jeeper's obsession with the Duratrac. They are extremely loud, handle terribly with tons of vibration, wear like shit, but perform pretty well off-road. I think jeepers don't mind them because they can't hear anything under the wind noise of the cabin and vibration in the steering wheel with or without terrible tires.