Mid Perch and MODS for new Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way in hell that mid-perch will void your warranty. If you look around, we have probably covered every: will [insert mod here] void my warranty?

The answer is always no. No (common) modification will VOID your factory warranty. If you modify something and it or another component directly related to it fails, then yes, you might have your warranty claim denied for that particular repair. But it does not mean that you no longer have a warranty on your truck.

If you go mid-perch and a shock seal blows out or your CV joints fail, you might be paying out of pocket, sure. However, the above is very unlikely with mid-perch. If you go mid-perch and your wiper motor fails, you're covered.

Make sense?

D

Deleted member 12951

I found this on another Raptor forum. BlueSVT wrote this, thought it was helpful as I went looking for the same info about this mid-perch mod.

· Front shock “Perch” settingo The Raptor has a factory adjustable front shock pre-load setting. This allows the user to change the Pre-Load (the amount the spring is compressed inside the shock), which in turn also changes the ride height of the vehicle. In addition, more pre-load increases the resistance of the shock, meaning less change of bottoming out on hard impacts. The downside to too much pre-load, is that the ride becomes stiffer and can even cause a “Pogo-Stick” effect if the shock is not valved properly.

o There are 3 adjustments on the shock from the factory. The truck comes in stock form on the lowest setting. This is the most comfortable on-road setting, and gives the truck a slight downward rake in the front. Downside to the lower setting is the fact it is VERY prone to bottoming out when off road, as the stock shocks are very soft and do not resist hard impacts well. The “Middle” setting is usually the most common setting owners change to. This setting gives the truck a fairly level stance. This setting is more resistant to bottoming out, and is well suited for on-road driving as well, as the smoothness of the suspension is mostly retained. The “Upper” setting gives the truck an upward rake in the nose, and can sometimes cause a bit of extra stiffness on the road. The extra pre-load can be helpful for hard off road impacts, with some owners reporting the “pogo” effect as the rebound valving is very loose in stock form. Also, a camber kit is required for this upper setting. My recommendation for most owners? Middle setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way in hell that mid-perch will void your warranty. If you look around, we have probably covered every: will [insert mod here] void my warranty?

The answer is always no. No (common) modification will VOID your factory warranty. If you modify something and it or another component directly related to it fails, then yes, you might have your warranty claim denied for that particular repair. But it does not mean that you no longer have a warranty on your truck.

If you go mid-perch and a shock seal blows out or your CV joints fail, you might be paying out of pocket, sure. However, the above is very unlikely with mid-perch. If you go mid-perch and your wiper motor fails, you're covered.

Make sense?

That unfortunately that is not exactly accurate information. ANY change from stock can potentially impact your warranty with FMC. Not to scare anyone but Ford can and will use these changes against you, if they see fit. Yes, they must prove the change directly influenced the warrany claim BUT....and here is the big BUT......YOU have to employ an attorney or group of attorneys and engineers to prove your side of the case in a court. That my friend is litigation and will cost you more than the truck cost in most cases. Now Ford knows this and is more than happy to go to court with you. Now if you belong to a law firm or can get attorney time Pro Bono then go for it. Otherwise weight your options. Am I saying don't modify your truck? Hell no.....I did and will continue to do things here and there. I just did this with the knowledge of what is potentially a problem with warranty work. Again, not trying to scare anyone but let us be realistic and understand the potential. Now think about how many trucks have been and continue to be modified. Then think about how many times you have heard or read about warranty claim declines by Ford. My son who at one time was a master technician for Ford told me he saw about three to four a year where Ford would turn down the claim due to modification. He worked in a big shop (20 bays) in Charlotte North Carolina. Now think about how many people in that area must mod their vehicles. The actual number is most likely very low. Just want everyone going into modification to have their eyes wide open!!

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, this act is often quoted. I agree this would be the track to travel to fight a denial of warranty work. Now.........hire you an attorney and pay for litigation..........that does not change. The issue is not having an act to depend upon the issue is the expense. As I said, modify your vehicle just understand the options. I have given some of our vendors plenty of money for modification but I understand what I may potentially be giving up also.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am located in Canton and would love to know who you use. Thank you!!!
I am doing the mid-perch for sure among other things!

I am up on the north shore and Know a place in Wakefield Fahey Tire) and a place in Beverly (Fortini Auto) if it is not to far for you to go.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I am up on the north shore and Know a place in Wakefield Fahey Tire) and a place in Beverly (Fortini Auto) if it is not to far for you to go.

Fortini also installed my full SW exhaust