Lot of hate from the Tundra forums!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Ya the Raptors have excellent resale. Yet they argue that they don’t. And that they’d rather supercharge a Tundra and upgrade suspension and everything else over buying a Raptor. GL with resale doing that.

Ford def hasn’t earned that much trust with their past vehicles though. This is my first Ford and been great thus far. If it breaks down I’ll have the Tundra as backup or vice versa lol

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
LOL they banned me. I guess truth and honesty isn’t allowed over there hahahahaha

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The entire Toyota brand/lineup are precisely made for people who have no f*cking clue about reality/anything and are drawn in by the false sense of "security" of Toyota "reliability". I've NEVER met or talked to ANYONE who purchased a Toyota product that understood even the most minute of details concerning vehicle performance. Hell, they even named their "performance" line "****" for Christ sake.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealousy at its finest. After coming from two fully decked out 4Runners I can assure you the Ford feels significantly more solid. That being said I never had any problems with my Toyotas besides the odor of sulfur from the catalytic converter. The Tundras biggest problem is their horrible gas mileage.

I had a 1794 Tundra before my Raptor, and it was a great truck. I give Toyota credit for not trying to game the mileage ratings like many companies do...they just tell you up front it's going to suck, not massage 48mph "highway" numbers that you'll never replicate. I get roughly the same mileage in my Raptor as I did in the Tundra, and I expected it. I never had one issue with my 1794, and it rode great, especially on the highway. The Raptor is obviously a different animal altogether, so it's an apples/oranges comparison. The Tundras run forever, and they hold their value like crazy, after costing less to start with (I paid like $52K for my 1794, vs like $62K for a King Ranch or $65K for Denali). In fact, that was part of the "justification" I had for paying the Raptor premium...the "gap" had to be wider on the new truck vs the Tundra's high trade-in value. But, let's be honest, I was going to get it anyway...I wanted it the first time I saw it in Car and Driver in 2015/2016.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1794 is a great truck.

The people who brought you Pearl Harbor really do try to copy what works. The 1794 was a decent KR ripoff, but the change in the KR at that time from the full KR leather to just the patches kinda pissed me off. Some of the 1794's leather packages could look a bit too orangey...fortunately mine did not. There was little stuff wrong with it like floor mats that didn't cover the dead pedal area...clearly not many Japanese engineers who worked or hunted in muddy areas. I hated the 1794 package shiny wheels, so I got mine with the Platinum wheels. There were some shiny/blingy bits in the cabin that were a bit over the top, too. But, the drivetrain was bulletproof. The only problem I had with it was when a mouse got through the firewall/into the pull-out cabin air filter, made a nest, had babies, and then got stuck/died, all in the course of 2.5 days. I figured it out before the stench was irreversible, but what a shitshow that was.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The people who brought you Pearl Harbor really do try to copy what works. The 1794 was a decent KR ripoff, but the change in the KR at that time from the full KR leather to just the patches kinda pissed me off. Some of the 1794's leather packages could look a bit too orangey...fortunately mine did not. There was little stuff wrong with it like floor mats that didn't cover the dead pedal area...clearly not many Japanese engineers who worked or hunted in muddy areas. I hated the 1794 package shiny wheels, so I got mine with the Platinum wheels. There were some shiny/blingy bits in the cabin that were a bit over the top, too. But, the drivetrain was bulletproof. The only problem I had with it was when a mouse got through the firewall/into the pull-out cabin air filter, made a nest, had babies, and then got stuck/died, all in the course of 2.5 days. I figured it out before the stench was irreversible, but what a shitshow that was.

That is hilarious. I had a rat get into my 4Runner and eat through the computer’ main wiring bundle. That rat had a $3,000 price on his head!

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is hilarious. I had a rat get into my 4Runner and eat through the computer’ main wiring bundle. That rat had a $3,000 price on his head!

I have pictures, but I will spare you.