Lot of hate from the Tundra forums!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
https://www.tundras.com/threads/raptor-thoughts.30448/#post-750898https://www.tundras.com/threads/raptor-thoughts.30448/#post-750898

This one was the best... such total BS... Must be the 17Jake of the Toyota Tundra group...

"It’s a Ford!! They are very unreliable. I met a dude at Pep Boys the other day with a 2018 Raptor. He had them do an oil change and rotation. So, I asked him why didn’t he go to the dealership to get the service done on the new truck? He told me that Ford actually charges extra for service and they don’t automatically give a free service period like Toyota does.

So, I asked him the age of him Raptor and he told me 4 months. I have hen asked him how he liked his new Raptor and he told me that it’s his second Raptor and he wasn’t as hawith the new design and all. He said that he pulls a boat and other trailers with the new Raptor and the truck struggles. He hated the new 3.5L EcoBoost V6. He said that she he truck labors heavily with a trailer or load. His check engine light comes on constantly. But, the primary reason why he was at PepBoys getting his oil changed and not at Ford, was because the Raptor burns lots of oil, and it’s cheaper to get it done there.

Stay clear of Fords!!"

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Lol. Now they’re all saying they prefer low tech and the Raptor is overpriced, sounds bad, unreliable, and too sophisticated LMAO

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before my Raptor, I had a 2002 Tundra I bought new and a 2010 Tundra I bought new. Together I drove them nearly 17 years. They were both good trucks with few problems and they both got crappy gas mileage. I have to admit that if I were going to tow all the time, the Tundra might be the better choice unless I want to make some changes to the Raptor's rear suspension. (my Tundra was a crew cab 4wd with the 5.7 engine, leveled and had 33 inch Toyo A/T's)

With that being said, the Tundra had better brake feel and the V8 sound, but the Raptor is quicker, rides better, and is much quieter than the Tundra. The Raptor is in a class all by itself and is really more of a stand-alone model than an F-150 which is really the Tundra's competitor. The Tundra is an older design which dates back to the 2007 model year mechanically and is outdated technologically, and let's face it, if I'm gonna pay new truck money, I want some new truck technology too.

I liked my Tundras and they were fine trucks for me, but they don't compare to the Raptor, and they were never really meant to...

Last edited:

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We should all make accounts on that forum and go hit them with some real truth about our trucks. Those boys are in straight up denial. Had a good laugh reading that tho.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny to hear so many guys cry about the price compared to their Toyota...I think Toyota make real good trucks, BUT I will NEVER apologize for being able to afford a new Raptor!
The Raptor may not be worth the money to YOU, but it doesn't mean the truck isn't what it is...

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The simple fact that majority have no clue just how good the resale value is on any Raptor tells me all I need to know about the bunch.

Nothing against the Tundra and they are excellent trucks but they are not competitors to the Raptor and need a refresh ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk