Looks like no BlueCruise for Raptor - 801a's READ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes- you are describing adaptive cruise control. blue cruise there would be no need to touch the steering wheel.
If you put on adaptive cruise control can you take your hands off the wheel or do all the normal arm positions of cruise control on a long straight road? Maybe even use your knee for a bit? Or does it start beeping with alerts and shut off lol ? Sorry. Serious question.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put on adaptive cruise control can you take your hands off the wheel or do all the normal arm positions of cruise control on a long straight road? Maybe even use your knee for a bit? Or does it start beeping with alerts and shut off lol ? Sorry. Serious question.
You can take your hands off for a little while. Even with your hands on, it sometimes thinks your hands are not on. The issue is, Ford's adaptive cruise is far behind other manufacturers. It seems to be inconsistent and doesn't handle sharper turns well. If you're used to BMW, Volvo etc, you will be dissapointed

Regarding BlueCruise, I think it sucks it's not included. Who wouldn't want the ability to have self driving. I agree with others sentiments. For $80k+, it should be on there

agerman

Reaction score
So they are refunding $795 but raised the base price of $880 across the board last year?
I’m pretty bummed about this too as I was looking forward to having the ultimate off road truck that could drive itself on the road. The fact that we are in the second model year of it and they are cancelling it now it’s pretty disappointing as well. Ford needs to do better. It sucks because I am huge ford fan which is why my wife, son, and I, drive one.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes- you are describing adaptive cruise control. blue cruise there would be no need to touch the steering wheel.
Thanks. I just got more info from someone who has used it a lot. Sounds nice for long interstate trips. Still not interested… to each their own.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a different era these days I guess, or I'm getting out of touch with the need for so much tech. Guys complaining that they have a 3 hour drive on a highway, I have always driven 12-16 hours straight when I go on road trips, the most boring is driving from Sacramento to LA, that is a long boring drive, but high speed though as well. I guess it would be nice to have a nap while driving or read a good book, but is the trust really out there in a normal persons brain that you can actually do this?
It's illegal to nap while driving even with BlueCruise on...

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFD? I’m sorry, but adaptive cruise and lane keep is all I need.

We have a Tesla and have never opted for FSD because it’s not worth it, the car basically drives itself anyway with basic autopilot.

I’ll be happy to shell out $1400 less next month when my truck arrives.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control in my 2021 is fine. The lane-keeping assist is useless though - it does a decent job of staying centered in the lane, but it uses torque sensors from the electric power steering to determine if your hands are on the wheel. Meaning, if the truck is doing a fine job and you're not correcting it at all, it concludes your hands are not on the wheel! And prompts you to tug on it. So unless you want to just sit there perpetually pulling the wheel to one side unnecessarily, it's constantly nagging you. Just useless.

Reaction score
You can take your hands off for a little while. Even with your hands on, it sometimes thinks your hands are not on. The issue is, Ford's adaptive cruise is far behind other manufacturers. It seems to be inconsistent and doesn't handle sharper turns well. If you're used to BMW, Volvo etc, you will be dissapointed

Regarding BlueCruise, I think it sucks it's not included. Who wouldn't want the ability to have self driving. I agree with others sentiments. For $80k+, it should be on there
This is exactly why I was looking forward to Bluecruise. The ACC is subpar and there are multiple youtube videos showing that, from my understanding Bluecruise relies on real time data, sensors and cameras which brings it to the level of self driving other manufacturers are at that has been tested and can be trusted, albeit with human supervision but it’s a lot better than a long exhausting self drive, which most of us need to make to even get to places where you can truly appreciate the off road ability of these trucks.

Bottom line is, it’s 2022 and the out door price on these trucks is just below or above the six figure mark depending where you buy and specs and the biggest tech advancement in the automotive industry right now is self-driving so not having it is one thing but pulling it away when the truck is in it’s second year of production after having it listed is ridiculous. Of course, as with any tech there are early adopters and those more cautious so I am sure Raptor sales will be fine but for a lot of us where having the combo of the suspension/engine/capability and the new tech were all parts of our decision making this one is a huge blow!