Looking to purchase brake upgrade kit, R1 Concepts feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also trying to get more info on the Wilwood system…I really like their stuff; ran ‘em on Miatas and Mini Coopers for years.

Sounds silly, but I really like the color choices on that R1 system though.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also trying to get more info on the Wilwood system…I really like their stuff; ran ‘em on Miatas and Mini Coopers for years.

Sounds silly, but I really like the color choices on that R1 system though.
Whatre you looking to learn on the Wilwood kit? I was one of the first to have the Raptor specific kit on the market and the first gen 3 to have them on a truck for testing purposes.

Its a solid kit, 6 piston with a few different rotor options. Pads are the standard high ceramic pads that Wilwood chose after trying a few of their different lad compounds and learning this one handled best in a dirty environment the Raptor will experience.

Most 17” wheels fit including all OEM wheels. We also have matching rear pads/rotors/stainless lines available.

If you have any other questions feel free to call our shop or message me id be glad to help.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Yeah, Wilwood is definitely in the hunt for me. Also like the Alcon system y’all sell, but leaning towards something with floating rotors and aluminum calipers to reduce some unsprung weight.

I know that’s at best a secondary consideration considering we’re all running ~100# of rotating mass at each corner, but the old car and motorcycle racing habits die hard!

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatre you looking to learn on the Wilwood kit? I was one of the first to have the Raptor specific kit on the market and the first gen 3 to have them on a truck for testing purposes.

Its a solid kit, 6 piston with a few different rotor options. Pads are the standard high ceramic pads that Wilwood chose after trying a few of their different lad compounds and learning this one handled best in a dirty environment the Raptor will experience.

Most 17” wheels fit including all OEM wheels. We also have matching rear pads/rotors/stainless lines available.

If you have any other questions feel free to call our shop or message me id be glad to help.
can you do something for the bronco... raptor? lol i believe its the same as a gen 2 with the electronic ebrake.