Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Makes no sense. If the shipper can get it there sooner then gets paid more, an incentive! Longer they take, then less they make. Why delay profit for a dealer.....

So backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well back on topic. I was checking on my new order today and the dealer had another Raptor in the back. Just in Saturday.
Built MID december bumper looks perfect and door fit was good also.

Maybe they had a ****** batch of bumpers?

I also asked about the shippers and they said when they get cars from one certain yard and said it can be a pain in the ass……..in the north in my state…..
The longer the cars sit in the yard the more the transporter gets paid. Every car they get from this yard is at least two weeks in the yard.

Now that makes no sense to me. Hell....that actually sound like union logic. Could be the case though as it took almost 30 days to have my Raptor transported 18 miles by the "carrier".

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On this paint esp. (tux black) if dealer has to repaint it will show in the right type of light and angle. As the paint ages it will show because the process used in the most modern body shop pales to the process used by the factory. Personally I would not accept the vehicle but your standards are evidently different when it comes to "rolling stock".

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On this paint esp. (tux black) if dealer has to repaint it will show in the right type of light and angle. As the paint ages it will show because the process used in the most modern body shop pales to the process used by the factory. Personally I would not accept the vehicle but your standards are evidently different when it comes to "rolling stock".

I will keep this vehicle no more than two years so the paint will not be an issue for me. I guess I am much more reasonable than you. It is a vehicle a thing now if it was a heart transplant I guess I would be much more particular. Hell......bad luck in a Kroger parking lot with a grocery cart can put you in the same place. As far as how it will look now and in the future I have a friend at a big time body shop that works on super high priced vehicles, Lambo's etc.. I asked him about how the paint quality will look and hold up that has been over sprayed. He said I will never tell the difference. He said today's paint quality is a far cry from years ago. You can over spray an area and never know it if you didn't just see it done.
Thanks for your concern.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Picked up my Raptor from the dealership for the bumper and aluminum dash trim replacement.

As some of you know my Raptor was delivered with a bent bumper among other things too.

My Raptor was in the shop for 8 days getting fixed.
This is what the dealership repaired and screwed up in 8 days.

The bumper is now straight. The right hand side now has a dent in it though.
They also forgot to rivet the plastic piece underneath (2 plcs) and they didn't plug in the wire loom for the tow lights.
The aluminum trim piece on the passenger side was replaced but two other trim pieces have been dinged and scratched on the passenger side and the passenger air bag cover also has a nice scratch.

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 39

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up my Raptor from the dealership for the bumper and aluminum dash trim replacement.

As some of you know my Raptor was delivered with a bent bumper among other things too.

My Raptor was in the shop for 8 days getting fixed.
This is what the dealership repaired and screwed up in 8 days.

The bumper is now straight. The right hand side now has a dent in it though.
They also forgot to rivet the plastic piece underneath (2 plcs) and they didn't plug in the wire loom for the tow lights.
The aluminum trim piece on the passenger side was replaced but two other trim pieces have been dinged and scratched on the passenger side and the passenger air bag cover also has a nice scratch.

I guess the good news is they are fixing it. These things happen but as long as your supported by the dealer things should be work out.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't want to fix the passenger airbag and bumper.
I may end up calling Ford customer care to deal with this.