Light rattle or vibrating on cold start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRM

Reaction score
So I recently just joined the club 2020 Raptor 48k miles. Cold started her to get a video and noticed that there is this ticking/rattle or vibrating on the cold starts. Fore about 20-30 seconds until the engine idles there’s no hard knocking or extremely loud rattling for that couple seconds like the cam phasers. This is like a rattle or vibration until the engine is warm. Shut the engine off and started it again warm. Nothing at all even while driving sounds great. I’ve been told it’s just engine noise on start up. Let me know if y’all have any insight. There’s two videos That have that noise just listen for it.

roger7254

Reaction score
So I recently just joined the club 2020 Raptor 48k miles. Cold started her to get a video and noticed that there is this ticking/rattle or vibrating on the cold starts. Fore about 20-30 seconds until the engine idles there’s no hard knocking or extremely loud rattling for that couple seconds like the cam phasers. This is like a rattle or vibration until the engine is warm. Shut the engine off and started it again warm. Nothing at all even while driving sounds great. I’ve been told it’s just engine noise on start up. Let me know if y’all have any insight. There’s two videos That have that noise just listen for it.

sounds like this, keep us updated.