Lecture on Proper Ordering *Expert Opinions Contained Within*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't need a lot of things 10 years ago . Age has way of beating you down. LOL
That it does. My knees are starting to twinge when I jump from the bed to the ground. Ten more years? I'll probably need a ladder.

My thought on the actual usefulness of the step is that if you can use it, you don't need it. But I don't like to yard on anything as flimsy looking as that stripper pole. The step is narrow enough and close enough in to the tailgate that your balance and strength need to be halfway decent to use it. At which point I can think of three other easy ways into the bed that are faster and don't use the step, depending on how good your knees are. Since my knees are OK, I don't use it. It's my back that's effed up. I put stuff on the tailgate, get into the bed, and then move the stuff. Climbing up into the bed while carrying something heavy? Not happening. If you can pull this off, you surely don't need the step, but I could see where you might like it and use it.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how every thread on here always ends the same. Several people throw their comments in about how much better they would have done whatever you’re talking about.

You’ve missed the point of my original post, which is that a nearly loaded truck should come with basic options. Some options you expect to be there with high trim levels, so forgive me for not checking. My last three Raptors had the option without triple checking. I guess I shouldn’t have assumed it came with power windows too, thank god it has that.

I’ll add you to my list of people to consult for my next purchase.
No I never claimed to be an expert on ordering but you did hit the nail on the head: You made an ASSUMPTION and now it is fords fault. I guess even base XL F150 trim levels come standard with power windows so that is a pretty weak rebuttal.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I never claimed to be an expert on ordering but you did hit the nail on the head: You made an ASSUMPTION and now it is fords fault. I guess even base XL F150 trim levels come standard with power windows so that is a pretty weak rebuttal.
Nope, standard windows on the XL - manual for regular and super cab. Good thing you didn’t order one of those and expect to have it have electric windows. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t recall saying it’s Ford’s fault… But thanks for commenting dad.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, standard windows on the XL or manual for regular and super cab. Good thing you didn’t order one of those and expect to have it have electric windows. Lol
Weak sauce MRV99. Guess you’re not great at making assumptions either

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you're a moody sensitive b@stard. Relax my friend, no one is trying to offend you lol