Lecture on Proper Ordering *Expert Opinions Contained Within*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the push button start. I'd like keyless entry too, but it never works properly on my '20

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? I thought push button start was getting shoved up our askses. That would be great news. I'd pay extra for a key over push button.
I don’t know I’m asking. Doesn’t really say on website. I wish you could get 37” w/ 800a

NeoLeo

Reaction score
Not going to bother reading the other 6 pages so just throwing yet another opinion out… maybe already said: Take delivery of your truck, live with it for a few months to see if the lack of tailgate bothers you or not. If it’s a deal breaker, sell the truck at a profit or break-even and order a new one that meets your needs.

But to your original point, I do agree… it’s BS that such a simple, cheap item is not standard equipment; and having to include in only in the power generator package is a sham. I don’t have need for a generator but had to to get it because I wanted the tailgate step which I do use. Does the MY22 have different options where you can get it as a stand-alone option like in Gen2?

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to bother reading the other 6 pages so just throwing yet another opinion out… maybe already said: Take delivery of your truck, live with it for a few months to see if the lack of tailgate bothers you or not. If it’s a deal breaker, sell the truck at a profit or break-even and order a new one that meets your needs.

But to your original point, I do agree… it’s BS that such a simple, cheap item is not standard equipment; and having to include in only in the power generator package is a sham. I don’t have need for a generator but had to to get it because I wanted the tailgate step which I do use. Does the MY22 have different options where you can get it as a stand-alone option like in Gen2?
For the MY22, the generator is a standalone option. For MY22 the package you have to order to get the tailgate step also includes the power tailgate, tailgate work surface, and the moonroof. This package is only available to order if you have the 801A package as well.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Can I try? I like being offensive. And they say I'm good for nothing. This is just another case of RTFM, except instead of being the size of a Bible, it's a couple of web pages that walk you through the options while holding your hand. Basically the OP is complaining about being a dumb f*ck.

How did I do?

Meh. Honestly, it was mildly snarky at best. I was expecting more with the lead in.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if they changed that for Gen3, not surprised if they did, as I said- it’s an egregious/ridiculous omission for a simple a$$ option that even my near 20 year old C5Z has lol

And w/ 800a in the Gen3, you get a regular switch blade key still? No push button start?(i prefer a real key)

If I could get an 800a w/ 37” package that’s what I’d do- and for the record, I’d get the tailgate step I guess I prefer having it vs not (have had em both ways) hahaa
Actually, push button start