Leaks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a leak that appears to be coming from the front grab handle. Anyone else experience this? If yes, how did you handle it? 2019 w 48k miles, no warranty. Noticed it a month ago but that was because we had a ton of rain. Same thing happened again over the past 24 hours - same deal with a lot of rain. Only seems to happen when the vehicle is backed into the driveway which has a slight downward pitch. Either way, anything I should be looking for to mitigate it?

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1462.JPG
    IMG_1462.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 16

raptorsub

Reaction score
You need to check the drain for the sun roof. Be sure it is clear. You can test this by opening the sunroof and pouring some water in the front area. It should go to the drain in that corner then you will see it come out under the truck. If it doesn't then you can look up videos on how to snake the drain and clear it.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably got a partial clog in the line if it only does it in heavy rain.

That being said, I had water coming out of the right side handle and it was a defective seal up top on my gen 2. The dealer did it free of charge and didn't write it up so I don't have the part number.

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice fellas. i got it home and tested the drain lines, Driver side was running slow so i poured some water in then it seemed to clear up. Used my air compressor after that. It's draining pretty healthy right now. Maybe it had some debris that needed to be cleared out? Also used Krytox on the front sunroof seal and wiped the edge down where it meets on the sheet metal. Ran my ultra scientific test for 20 min and not seeing any leaks. Still suspicious, though. We have more rain coming so will advise!

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 8

raptorsub

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice fellas. i got it home and tested the drain lines, Driver side was running slow so i poured some water in then it seemed to clear up. Used my air compressor after that. It's draining pretty healthy right now. Maybe it had some debris that needed to be cleared out? Also used Krytox on the front sunroof seal and wiped the edge down where it meets on the sheet metal. Ran my ultra scientific test for 20 min and not seeing any leaks. Still suspicious, though. We have more rain coming so will advise!
Good to hear. If it was a little clogged and it rained really hard. It could've backed up. Let us know if it stays dry!

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it has rained quite a bit since I posted this. Rained really hard last night for about an hour and again today. Not a single drip inside. I really don't feel like I did much of anything other than clean the rubber seals and pour some water down the drain to get it going. <shrug>