I've got Spark Knock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who helped you out at Team? I have a issue with the left rear door, the skin is seperating from the frame when the door get opened/closed. I swung it by there on my lunch, the advisor took some pics, had the shop foreman look at it, and send it off to Ford. The next day I get a call from Team with the ok to fix the truck however is needed.
I work for a European car dealership as a service advisor and I could not get an ok as fast as they did. My hats off to Team Ford...now to get it to the bodyshop and get it fixed.

Riku- glad you were able to get Mark to come out to get it all figured out. I would have had no problem except the truck was at home.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hat is off to Team Ford and their service dept. as this is what I feel that a larger percentage of the Ford dealership service departments are all about. Their is a smaller percentage that taint the opinions of so many out there. WE are really in it to help you, the customer be satisfied with the product we represent, and that is FORD. I am very happy for you RIKU and take pride in knowing that you are happy with the service you recieved. This wouldn't be complete if I did not take time to praise MarkT for his role in helping a fellow owner out. I am proud to be a part of this forum and the company that is a part of it......you guys and gals are the BOMB!!!

FSM

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaron from the forums helped me out, he connected me with the service advisor becky who is awesome.

In regards to the first swap of the air box that did actually happen and at S.W.A.T motorsports. To be 100% honest I did not even lift the hood and to come totally clear I did not see the other raptor, I simply dropped my truck off in the morning ran errands with the wife came back to test drive it around dealership row and still had the ping. This is where I purchased the Volant from in the first place, Great guy's I'm just not sure what actually occurred now. Did they swap Volant's, Did they use the stock raptor air box like I was told, or did they just make sure my Volant was installed properly? When I picked up my truck they said it was a exhaust hanger making the sound, I then went to best muffler shop they couldn't fix it, went back a second time no luck. Thought I was screwed at that point.

I'm wondering if the issue is that the Volant is not raptor specific? I am impressed by the Volant because it includes all parts including the coolant container and it's totally inclosed but, It didn't work out for me, weird because I do know of others use the Volant on a Raptor.

MarkT brought up a good point that it may just be My Raptor + My Cat back 44 + My Volant in combination that caused the issue. Anyhow My stock air box will be installed tomorrow, My raptor will be back to good and round 2 of mods can begin again.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.S. please take it easy on the "I told you so's". Hindsight is always 20/20. It could have been something else entirely... just like 999 out of 1000 trucks could probably run the Volant without an issue... Volant would not be in business very long if this were not the case! Think about it... :cheers:

Ford has done millions dollars of powertrain calibration R&D just on the Raptor alone, to sell you a product that you can get into at -40f or 120f start it up and drive away... How much R&D has volant done to sell you a product that doesn't work? Think about it...

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's just leave this as a positive yet neutral experience.

No fault, No Blame, No Guilt, No Shame.

IMO Volant still makes the best CAI available. It's good quality product that just didn't serve my particular case well.

I created the issue and with the support of good people like MarkT and TeamFord the solution was found.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Let's just leave this as a positive yet neutral experience.

No fault, No Blame, No Guilt, No Shame.

IMO Volant still makes the best CAI available. It's good quality product that just didn't serve my particular case well.

I created the issue and with the support of good people like MarkT and TeamFord the solution was found.

You're a standup guy, RIKU, and you have my respect for the way you handled this.

A little humility goes a long way in my book.

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
I have to say that it was a pleasure working with Chris aka RIKU. He was helpful and understanding through the whole process! On behalf of Jay (The manager that oversaw the diag), Becky Zemeck (Service Advisor), and myself, we would like to thank him for his patience while we tried ourselves to solve it without him coming down and having to spend more time than was necessary at the dealership. Unfortunately we didn't have any 5.4L Raptors to change out intakes on so that had to bring him into the picture. Big thanks to MarkT for him stepping up and helping, I'm sorry I wasn't present to meet you and thank you in person, I had a short day due to doctors appointments. Perhaps an event will allow us to meet again next time. Jay said you were a great guy and very helpful when you arrived, thanks again! And thanks to everyone for their input and suggestions on the situation, though some of it was off and some was right on point, it doesn't matter. We all came together to help out another and some more than others stepped up to see that it was fixed immediately and properly. We appreciate your time, effort, and espcially the compliments! (Just don't tell that to Jay or our service director, their head might explode) :) Thank you all!!!