GEN 2 eBay - Mishimoto Intercooler Knock Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aleriionn

Reaction score
Agreed, because mine had two flaws. The first was the condensation drain port on the bottom. The threads were somewhat present, but unfinished. I addressed this easily enough with a 12mm x 1.25 tap (IIRC). The second was the inability to seal at the blowoff valve port. Thant I could not overcome without significant effort. The good part of this story is I lost $0 dollars. The seller communicated well and gave me a full refund moments ago. I shipped it back to them at their cost two days ago. That was fast.

Now to try another, probably from another supplier.
It was worth a try, no doubt. I would try another vendor, as it’s highly likely you’ll encounter other manufacturing defects. Although, the next defect might be less critical and more visual. Keep us updated.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense, but I genuinely don't understand putting bottom of the barrel parts on a $70k+ truck. Maybe it's just me but I take a lot of pride in my truck and would rather spend the extra coin on high quality stuff for it.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense, but I genuinely don't understand putting bottom of the barrel parts on a $70k+ truck. Maybe it's just me but I take a lot of pride in my truck and would rather spend the extra coin on high quality stuff for it.
Lotta 30k 17’ and 18’ raptor owners out there now as the platform ages so it brings a different “crowd”.

Agreed tho especially considering you can get a CVf titan for cheap! Or catch something on market place!

I got one of the most expensive IC units. And it works really good in keeping ic temps down.

OP
OP
Diverdown3

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Write-up of 2nd intercooler added in post #4 of thread.

Conclusion: I'm done with knock-off intercoolers. Looking for best value, brand name IC. I originally wanted one for the stock location, but may consider the above the bumper model since I'm installing a winch at some point.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do you one better than the Whipple above:

Larger cooling area (27%), no cold side coupler connection, and condensation plug as well - that's without counting the $100 less + no shipping + taxes.