I've got Spark Knock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you can't say us Ford guys don't hang together! <G>

Hope Team Ford figures it out, I think Ford will take care of you.

Falcon

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck went in this AM, gotta say Aaron aka Team Ford on this site has been unreal! I have never had service like this at any dealership not even Merc and Porsche and my truck isn't even fixed yet.

He called me with an update saying something is up with the MAF when they plugged it in. Some testing needs to be done but I feel I'm in very good hands with these guy's.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you've ruled out EVERYTHING check your MAF.

i still say it's the ******** maf sensor!

FYI, there is another nanny that prevents a reply in all caps (I just tried)

Truck went in this AM, gotta say Aaron aka Team Ford on this site has been unreal! I have never had service like this at any dealership not even Merc and Porsche and my truck isn't even fixed yet.

He called me with an update saying something is up with the MAF when they plugged it in. Some testing needs to be done but I feel I'm in very good hands with these guy's.

Do I win a prize?

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Problem Solved!

So Ford needed to put a stock air box on the truck in order to get readings to find out why the MAF was off. I didn't have a stock air box so I contacted MarkT through the forum who came up from the opposite side of town so that Team Ford could swap air boxes to run the test...

The Problem was the Volant! With the stock air box the truck didn't ping at all! So in the end I had to order a new stock air box, including mounting hardware & the coolant jug because the Volant replaces everything. total cost 675.00 installed for a part I tossed in the trash when I put on the Volant CAI. I feel like an ass!

Team Ford was really impressive, They didn't have to help me as it's pretty much a problem that I created and sourced through modifying my truck. I now understand why they won't assist when things are done aftermarket. It makes a big mess.

Cancelled my JDM tuner order, ordered the stock air box, and selling the Volant if anyone is interested PM me.

Big Thanks to TeamFord, the most unreal dealership experience I have ever had! They went the extra mile x 10 for me. Huge thanks to MarkT for taking time off of his day to help a fellow member out. And of course gotta thank BigJ and the team at SVTOffroad.com because without this website I would not have had contact with Team Ford on a personal level & not known MarkT and the boyz!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2 thumbs up to:

* MarkT
* Team Ford
* Riku

That's teamwork!

(Good luck selling that Volant)

2_thumbs_up.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Problem Solved!

So Ford needed to put a stock air box on the truck in order to get readings to find out why the MAF was off. I didn't have a stock air box so I contacted MarkT through the forum who came up from the opposite side of town so that Team Ford could swap air boxes to run the test...

The Problem was the Volant! With the stock air box the truck didn't ping at all! So in the end I had to order a new stock air box, including mounting hardware & the coolant jug because the Volant replaces everything. total cost 675.00 installed for a part I tossed in the trash when I put on the Volant CAI. I feel like an ass!

Team Ford was really impressive, They didn't have to help me as it's pretty much a problem that I created and sourced through modifying my truck. I now understand why they won't assist when things are done aftermarket. It makes a big mess.

Cancelled my JDM tuner order, ordered the stock air box, and selling the Volant if anyone is interested PM me.

Big Thanks to TeamFord, the most unreal dealership experience I have ever had! They went the extra mile x 10 for me. Huge thanks to MarkT for taking time off of his day to help a fellow member out. And of course gotta thank BigJ and the team at SVTOffroad.com because without this website I would not have had contact with Team Ford on a personal level & not known MarkT and the boyz!

I asked you if you removed the HAI and installed the stock air system you said the stock air box was back in and you still got the same ping... Oh well, at least you got it fixed...

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Yeah, I caught that as well, Hockster. RIKU, I thought you swapped the volant with some guy with the stock air box for a couple of days and the problem persisted. What gives?

On a side note, this is exactly what MarkT and BigJ theorized was the culprit way back on page 1.:bow:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I simply could NOT BELIEVE how well Team Ford treated RIKU!!!! They really wanted to fix the problem as bad as he wanted it fixed. No "blaming" or "finger pointing"... they wanted to make sure he was happy... even though the truck was not stock.

The only reason they wanted to borrow my air filter was because the MAF was reading out of spec. They said they knew if they called Ford, the first question would be "is it stock?". My point is that Team Ford could not have been more "fair". They were not sure what the problem was. They could have just as easily said to RIKU "go away and bring it back when you put all the stock parts on"... Or "we won't even touch it unless you let us put it all back to stock first".

Team Ford took the high road in this case. They went the extra mile and then some in my opinion. (Ford, if you are listening, Team Ford has great people in the service department with an attitude that any dealer in the country could learn from and would be lucky to have!)

And my hat is also off to RIKU... I had already made up my mind not to post a word about today. But he came right out here in public and told a story someone with lesser character would never mention or admit to...

P.S. please take it easy on the "I told you so's". Hindsight is always 20/20. It could have been something else entirely... just like 999 out of 1000 trucks could probably run the Volant without an issue... Volant would not be in business very long if this were not the case! Think about it... :cheers:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Outstanding news! Way to step up Team Ford. And Mark... hats off buddy.

RIKU thank you for sharing all this. You didn't have to, but because you have others will learn. And that is exactly why this forum exists.