Interested In A Group Buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They issue is that the brass clip has teeth that dig into the plastic OEM sill over when it installed at the factory. To remove them forced me to tear them off of the sill cover basically. I was not able to figure out a way to decompress them for removal. Of course, their might be a easy way of doing it, but I bulled through it.

I found then nearly impossible to pull off, I had to get the screwdriver under the teeth. I did that by bending the entire clip over with my finger, then I could see where the teeth were hitting.

Did your L brackets come all one way like the first picture?

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am going with my mechanical side and if DW says its wrong easily fixed.

I loctited them all down and flipped the 2 L brackets, its the only way to get it to match the original. Pictures below. I like to do this so the next Raptor brother has an eaiser time. "Pay it foward"

Sills comparsion.jpg

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Posts Mike. Thank you for going the extra mile. I dropped by the Ford Dealership yesterday and I think I have ordered 4 new clips to replace the ones I tore up removing them. Once I get them next week, I will verify they are the correct ones and see if I can find them cheaper on the interwebs. The parts guy at Ford wasnt 100% sure if they were the correct part since there is no p/n on the retaining clip.

What I ordered was 9L3Z*1513284*A with a qty of 4 at 5.13 each.

They might be just the brass clip inside.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

I found then nearly impossible to pull off, I had to get the screwdriver under the teeth. I did that by bending the entire clip over with my finger, then I could see where the teeth were hitting.

Did your L brackets come all one way like the first picture?

Mike, the L brackets were like yours, and some of them were not tight. I tightened them down, but didn't use locktight. Removing the clips is nearly impossible, I agree. Once I get the new clips in, I hope to go back and replace the once that I messed up too bad and then I will use locktight on the screws but I am not sure if I would secure the clip to the metal clips permanently.

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in this. Based on what you guys have been posting, this sounds like the easiest way to install the new ones without struggling with the existing clips. I'll pay a little extra for a smoother install. Thanks for the legwork!

Great Posts Mike. Thank you for going the extra mile. I dropped by the Ford Dealership yesterday and I think I have ordered 4 new clips to replace the ones I tore up removing them. Once I get them next week, I will verify they are the correct ones and see if I can find them cheaper on the interwebs. The parts guy at Ford wasnt 100% sure if they were the correct part since there is no p/n on the retaining clip.

What I ordered was 9L3Z*1513284*A with a qty of 4 at 5.13 each.

They might be just the brass clip inside.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Mike, the L brackets were like yours, and some of them were not tight. I tightened them down, but didn't use locktight. Removing the clips is nearly impossible, I agree. Once I get the new clips in, I hope to go back and replace the once that I messed up too bad and then I will use locktight on the screws but I am not sure if I would secure the clip to the metal clips permanently.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in this. Based on what you guys have been posting, this sounds like the easiest way to install the new ones without struggling with the existing clips. I'll pay a little extra for a smoother install. Thanks for the legwork!

It will definitely save you time and if for some strange reason you wanted the stock sills back on, it will just be a smiple snap on and snap off. The sills are switched.