Installed My Ford Performance Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks nice , how do you Drain it ?
Just for the hell of it this afternoon, I pulled the can to see how long it would take. You unclip the 2 pipes, lift the can off the friction fit hanger it's on, 4 allen screws hold the top of the can, and you can empty it. Takes less than a minute to reinstall it. I would say if you take your time, it's less than 5 minutes total. Very easy.

Todd Turbo S

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason I was asking, is, I installed this one within the first month I purchased the truck back in January 2020. This one has dip sticks to check the blow by oil, I've never had to empty it, just catches enough oil to make the dip stick oily, that's it. Thought I would switch to the Ford Performance catch can but wanted to insure it captures both sides as mine does.IMG_7423.jpegIMG_7425.jpeg

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the catch cans are garbage. It takes .01 micron filter to remove aerosols. It takes pressure to push thru the filter. The other way is to cool it and condense the vapors to liquid.
If you want to keep the oil out, just run the hose to the bottom of the engine and let it out.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Most of the catch cans are garbage. It takes .01 micron filter to remove aerosols. It takes pressure to push thru the filter. The other way is to cool it and condense the vapors to liquid.
If you want to keep the oil out, just run the hose to the bottom of the engine and let it out.
The old Thunburg slobber tube?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Run a UPR dual catch can and to empty I just turn the lever.

It was very expensive but it also included a uni breather the replaces the oil cap. This is to release any pressure should it build up in very cold climates. It also came with a different air sensor that had a Ford tag on it which had to be turned a certain way installed on the drivers side.

No codes and has worked flawlessly.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it this afternoon, I pulled the can to see how long it would take. You unclip the 2 pipes, lift the can off the friction fit hanger it's on, 4 allen screws hold the top of the can, and you can empty it. Takes less than a minute to reinstall it. I would say if you take your time, it's less than 5 minutes total. Very easy.
No need to take the top off, pour it out the hose barb.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Run a UPR dual catch can and to empty I just turn the lever.

It was very expensive but it also included a uni breather the replaces the oil cap. This is to release any pressure should it build up in very cold climates. It also came with a different air sensor that had a Ford tag on it which had to be turned a certain way installed on the drivers side.

No codes and has worked flawlessly.
Not a good plan for me when I have 6 years of full warranty left.

Last edited: