Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georaptor

Reaction score
Just swapped to 37 KO2s (stock c load) on my 35 raptor yesterday. First out of the shop I thought the new 37s looked skinnier. Figured it was just visual because of the increased height. Pulled a tape out and measured this morning as compared to the stock 35 mounted spare (w/ no load on it). The stock 35/315 does have a slightly wider tread…. IMG_4307.jpegIMG_4308.jpeg

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just swapped to 37 KO2s (stock c load) on my 35 raptor yesterday. First out of the shop I thought the new 37s looked skinnier. Figured it was just visual because of the increased height. Pulled a tape out and measured this morning as compared to the stock 35 mounted spare (w/ no load on it). The stock 35/315 does have a slightly wider tread…. View attachment 459235View attachment 459236
Yeah, they are narrower. Likely to keep the weight from getting out of hand for MPGs and acceleration and make it easier to stuff into the fender. How does the narrower front tire feel with steering and stability? What tire pressure are you using?

georaptor

Reaction score
Yeah, they are narrower. Likely to keep the weight from getting out of hand for MPGs and acceleration and make it easier to stuff into the fender. How does the narrower front tire feel with steering and stability? What tire pressure are you using?
Haven’t driven it far enough to notice any difference with stability or steering… running 40psi right now, probably going to lower psi a little

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had this idea a couple of weeks ago and just got around to making and assembling it yesterday. What it boils down to is if you install the bump stop spacer to get full bump to have the same axle position as on a stock 37 truck you lose about an inch of travel and I don’t like that. Designed and made a new eyelet for the shock that’s about an inch longer. This combined with bump stop spacer has the same axle position at full bump as a 37 truck with zero travel loss. Combined with a 1” spring spacer on the coils you’d get the exact same bump and droop travel as stock with the 35. I think keeping full travel is important because the bypass ports are positioned based on having full travel. Anyway, end result below…
IMG_5962.jpeg
IMG_5954.jpeg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I had this idea a couple of weeks ago and just got around to making and assembling it yesterday. What it boils down to is if you install the bump stop spacer to get full bump to have the same axle position as on a stock 37 truck you lose about an inch of travel and I don’t like that. Designed and made a new eyelet for the shock that’s about an inch longer. This combined with bump stop spacer has the same axle position at full bump as a 37 truck with zero travel loss. Combined with a 1” spring spacer on the coils you’d get the exact same bump and droop travel as stock with the 35. I think keeping full travel is important because the bypass ports are positioned based on having full travel. Anyway, end result below…
View attachment 460750
View attachment 460748
I like the idea. My only question which is a small detail is would you then want to reset the ride height or not? I’d say no because the shock piston is at the oe static position in the shock body due to the 1” spacer up top. But then I assume you’re running some type of collar or spring up front to get more height, can you just reset the ride height for the front only so the computer knows where the ride height is front and back (since the rear ride sensors assume stock bottom shock eyelets)?

How much were these to make?

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea. My only question which is a small detail is would you then want to reset the ride height or not? I’d say no because the shock piston is at the oe static position in the shock body due to the 1” spacer up top. But then I assume you’re running some type of collar or spring up front to get more height, can you just reset the ride height for the front only so the computer knows where the ride height is front and back (since the rear ride sensors assume stock bottom shock eyelets)?

How much were these to make?
Tbd on best way to go about calibration. With a 1” lift then it would be at oe position. Without a 1” lift I’m thinking just jack the rear up an inch at the trailer hitch to run calibration and call it a day. Honestly I’d probably not recalibrate it at all first and see how that goes.

These didn’t really cost me anything to make. I machined them out of scrap material from something else. If I had to put a number on what it cost if machine time and materials weren’t just there, I’d say about $200.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tbd on best way to go about calibration. With a 1” lift then it would be at oe position. Without a 1” lift I’m thinking just jack the rear up an inch at the trailer hitch to run calibration and call it a day. Honestly I’d probably not recalibrate it at all first and see how that goes.

These didn’t really cost me anything to make. I machined them out of scrap material from something else. If I had to put a number on what it cost if machine time and materials weren’t just there, I’d say about $200.
On the 37pp/R is the travel in the rear limited by the rubber bumps on the frame or do they add larger internal bumps in the shocks also? Do you know?

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 37pp/R is the travel in the rear limited by the rubber bumps on the frame or do they add larger internal bumps in the shocks also? Do you know?
They have a taller rubber bump on the frame so that is what’s limiting full compression. I know that for sure. From what I understand, the shock bodies are also longer. With aftermarket bump stop kits if it’s on designed for a 35 truck and installed on a truck with 37s, the shocks will bottom out before the bump stop does. Hence SVC has two different options for their kit.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not another “I did it and it works” post…but here it is lol

I see a lot of you using the KO2 37, I wanted the Baja boss ATs and they’re slightly larger. I was worried about the spare location. It fits, but it is close to the panhard bar. I can probably move the tire back a little, and I might, but this is what the truck looks like. This weekend I have an SDI top hat coming, hopefully I can get that installed and avoid the rubbing some of you have reported. I am concerned the top hat may make the front higher than the rear, so I also ordered the 3/4” rear spacer from Foutz. Not sure when that’s coming though.

Garage open=before (stock 35s)
The rest=after

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpeg
    IMG_1403.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1409.jpeg
    IMG_1409.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 63

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@leinad1904
Looks sharp. I might have mentioned this before, but I think the spare tire winch can be moved back a little. Might have to drill some new holes. At least that way you can avoid a strap.