Impossible to find at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered once fr $1k over MSRP and even if I could get it somewhere else for MSRP.... Id still order it where I did. But thats because of time and travel.... both of which are more of a hassle and more than the $1k difference. Just gotta pick your poison.

OP
OP
C

CIA_

Reaction score
Pretty sure the dealer I bought from has some of their allocation left and they sell at MSRP. I called them about 3 weeks ago and bought their second allocated vehicle of 7 and MSRP was always the only price. I took one they had already built so I got VIN and 10/31 build date right away.

Do you mind sharing your contact, and or dealer info with me? I have only been to TX airports so a road trip might be a great bonus!

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of just looking for an allocation, put in an order for RETAIL Raptor. The dealer can put it as many retail orders as he wants.

20psirabbit

Reaction score
It's already been stated multiple times the truck will not be limited edition, just a trim line. Trucks sell for invoice all day long, but they have to hit the street first. If you pay over msrp you're getting conned by your dealer. Don't chase fear bait.

Jonmartin

Reaction score
Instead of just looking for an allocation, put in an order for RETAIL Raptor. The dealer can put it as many retail orders as he wants.

Can you please elaborate on this a bit? Are you saying we can just order a truck without an allocation and just wait for it to arrive whenever? I mean how long could it possibly take if they're building them in mass numbers? If the truck isn't really a limited vehicle like an SVT or something I don't understand why the need to pay a serious premium for an allocation. My local ford dealer is telling me to expect a "$20k market adjustment" which just makes me laugh because as much as I want the truck I'll never pay a markup much less that kind of markup and I'm not even trying to chase deep discounts either I'll pay up to MSRP I can care less about that but I'm not paying a cent over sticker simply because. I've bough truly limited vehicles before and didn't pay markups so why start now.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had thought that at first, then changed my mind about it - but now I'm wondering if I wasn't right to begin with; i.e., the allocations are really for dealer orders and not customer.

One local dealer had told me some time ago that they had 7 allocations, and all but one were gone. I told him I'd pass, since I wanted to see both the Avalanche and Magnetic in person before deciding. (Plus I'm not crazy about paying sticker.) Well, he just emailed to tell me that they had both colors on their way into the dealership along with a ruby red, and said he could order me one as soon as I wanted.

So, did that 1 remaining allotment last this long? Did someone drop out? Was he lying about how many allotments they had? Did they get more?

Who knows.