If you're interested in paint coatings I'll get you sorted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to derail your thread, we can continue in the other one if you want but I had two different ceramic coatings over xpel on two different black cars, raised hell when the scratches didn't self heal only to find out what I shared above, they ripped and replaced both now only topped with the sacrificial sealants and am magnitudes more scratch free than before

Interesting. Then that sounds like it confirms it. I haven't seen it one way or the other but I do know that the coatings will scratch just not as easily as paint. I personally would want the best possible protection so I would still coat my car if it was wrapped in XPEL and I would just rebuild the coating as needed. It just comes down to someones budget and what their desired results are. The self healing film is pretty slick. I watched a demo a few years ago and I couldn't believe how quickly the scratches faded away. Amazing stuff although its extremely expensive.

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Interesting thread - appreciate the info.

I am planning on having my 2017 paint corrected and then 22PLE installed here in North Dallas. Also, plan on using their SunTek paint protective film for the leading edges.

Never had a vehicle done but hoping the investment pays off.

Have to think harder about using the same dealer for the routine wash's with what I have read here.

rob0589

Reaction score
If your in the new york area us Raffi's Auto detailing 845-649-0054. Had mine done there and I wouldn't of taken it anywhere else. The attention and prep he did to make it perfect was well worth it. Tell him Rob sent you.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's get your input on an Oklahoma City detailing company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the closest one in western Massachusetts ?

Check out Unique Car Care 781-389-3913. They are the east side of the state but they are well known.

There is also Afterglow Detailing in Springfield. 413.478.2034

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Let's get your input on an Oklahoma City detailing company?

-Ahhhhhh. OKC. I'm from Norman originally. I definitely miss the midwest.

Give The Auto Spa a call. (405) 831-2000

-If you're looking for tint or XPEL clear bra in the OKC area check out Superior Concepts in Edmond. (405) 285-9000 They did the tint on my 14' Raptor and a few of my other trucks and they do excellent work. There is usually something exotic in there when I have stopped by.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out Unique Car Care 781-389-3913. They are the east side of the state but they are well known.

There is also Afterglow Detailing in Springfield. 413.478.2034

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

-Ahhhhhh. OKC. I'm from Norman originally. I definitely miss the midwest.

Give The Auto Spa a call. (405) 831-2000

-If you're looking for tint or XPEL clear bra in the OKC area check out Superior Concepts in Edmond. (405) 285-9000 They did the tint on my 14' Raptor and a few of my other trucks and they do excellent work. There is usually something exotic in there when I have stopped by.

SC is top notch!! I've known Javier for a number of years and the new owner Gerald is a great guy. They recently switched over to 3M film due to Xpel switching up the adhesive they use. Another story for another thread.

As for the Auto Spa, I've heard great things about Brian. Will hit them up!

Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SC is top notch!! I've known Javier for a number of years and the new owner Gerald is a great guy. They recently switched over to 3M film due to Xpel switching up the adhesive they use. Another story for another thread.

As for the Auto Spa, I've heard great things about Brian. Will hit them up!

Thanks for the info!

They are legit for sure! By far the best window tint installers out of anyone I have used in the country. They had a beautiful white LFA in the back the first time I stopped by that I was drooling over.

I have heard a few shops switch over from XPEL to 3M but it has sounded to me more like installers not wanting the risk of the better adhesive XPEL switched to. At least that is what I have been told by some friends who install XPEL. If I ever end up moving back to the midwest they will definitely be my go to shop for tint and film again.