I installed the Ford "under rear seat" storage box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that I own a Raptor I understand the jack part. Does this box come with dividers? It looks like it has slots for them, but I don't see them in the picture and nothing mentions them. I really hate stuff sliding around.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I own a Raptor I understand the jack part. Does this box come with dividers? It looks like it has slots for them, but I don't see them in the picture and nothing mentions them. I really hate stuff sliding around.

Dont buy anything yet. I will have my new Tuffy box in tonight with pics sometime this weekend. IMO, this is the best option on a number of levels.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont buy anything yet. I will have my new Tuffy box in tonight with pics sometime this weekend. IMO, this is the best option on a number of levels.

Oh? How's it better? Price? Link? Good to know since I was really close to buying.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

This thing?

$250?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The prices for these plastic tubs are crazy. I wish there was a universal one for Fords, Chevies, and Dodges so it'd be like $20

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The prices for these plastic tubs are crazy. I wish there was a universal one for Fords, Chevies, and Dodges so it'd be like $20

Yeah, still, I'm willing to part with $100 to perform a function I need. I am not putting a toolbox in the Raptor, so I need a place to put basics like a tool bag, jumper cables, snow scraper, tow rope, etc. I just want to make sure I can get it all to where it is snug and doesn't slide around.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dane, do you have a supercrew with the Sony sub? I know Ford has a tub for it for about $80. Not on the comp so no part number but just go to accessories.ford.com and look up the part # on Google for prices.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dane, do you have a supercrew with the Sony sub? I know Ford has a tub for it for about $80. Not on the comp so no part number but just go to accessories.ford.com and look up the part # on Google for prices.

Yes I do. You are referring to the very part at the start of this thread - the one I'm considering buying, which I was asking the dividers question about. :crazy:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh? How's it better? Price? Link? Good to know since I was really close to buying.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

This thing?

$250?

1) Its metal, not plastic
2) It has a cover that locks
3) It appears to have more room than the plastic ones.
4) Cost is the same as the plastic versions. (For screw owners)
5) No jack removal/relocation required.
6) Easy install, no drilling, uses existing factory bolts to install.

The scab is $155, the screw is $250.

More to follow.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1) Its metal, not plastic
2) It has a cover that locks
3) It appears to have more room than the plastic ones.
4) Cost is the same as the plastic versions. (For screw owners)
5) No jack removal/relocation required.
6) Easy install, no drilling, uses existing factory bolts to install.

The scab is $155, the screw is $250.

More to follow.

I see your point, but I really just need a bin. It doesn't need to lock. The Ford one for the Screw is $85 shipped, no jack relocation, no drilling, uses existing holes. I think that's the way I'm going to go.