I had no plans on a Gen 3, but then this happened...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 19' Gen 2 had been in the shop since late last month for cam phasers and for a bunch of other stuff over the past year+. My sales guy called me that a gen3 in black came in (ugh, worst color to maintain) but I sent the wife by just to take a look. She loved it of course. Long story short, we were able to make a deal(good trade value on our 19' with 43K miles) and even ended up better on the financing side with a lower payment.

21' Black 801A, power tech package, 17' forged bead wheels, carbon package and pano roof. Basically optioned out like our 19' except decals and wheels. I'm not totally sold on the outside yet, but the interior and added tech is really nice. My wife had to beat other buyers off with a stick while she waited for me to get there as there were others there ready to buy. The dealer held it for me thoguh since we've been a long time customer.
View attachment 319496

View attachment 319497

View attachment 319498

View attachment 319499
I'll be that guy...Dude, you need to post a photo of your wife and NOT the truck!!!!

coryatver

Reaction score
This makes me feel great i been patiently waiting since june for one and one falls in your lap haha. You must have a heck of a relationship with your dealer

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
$64k trade. Truck was $78k + $5k. Same term as our 19’, but lower interest. I didn’t expect a lower payment, it’s just how it worked out with the trade and better rate.

Dealer had folks lined up to grab it if I didn’t. As crazy as the market is, super happy with how it played out.

Always interesting to see how folks “assume” things.
Always interesting.

So the answer was I was wrong. You didn't pay 20k more, including your trade. You paid about 19 more, and the offset in tax, tags, title.

No doubt the dealer had folks lined up.

I bought something yesterday too, Ethereum.

Enjoy

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
some people are glass half full people. some are glass half empty people. I’m a where the heck is my waiter/waitress to refill my glass kind of person.
I prefer to call the glass what it is.

Don't take away or add anything to it artificially.

Call crap, crap and great, great.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$64k trade. Truck was $78k + $5k. Same term as our 19’, but lower interest. I didn’t expect a lower payment, it’s just how it worked out with the trade and better rate.

Dealer had folks lined up to grab it if I didn’t. As crazy as the market is, super happy with how it played out.

Always interesting to see how folks “assume” things.
Nice deal on the trade! My dealer wasn’t willing to go higher than 63.5 for my trade. It was a 2019, just under 31k miles, needed a new windshield and had maybe 5k miles left on the tires. I paid 69 for it (75,050 MSRP) so I’m not too mad at my deal.

CO21

Reaction score
Timing is everything… congratulations on a beautiful truck… dealer made the right choice… kept a loyal customer happy by getting them into a Gen 3… eliminated Gen 2 problem with same customer…made an extra $5K… and also has a Gen 2 to sell to make more profit while it is difficult to get any new vehicles from Ford…and the opportunity to sell warranty and other extras will on the Gen 2. Sounds like an overfilled glass to me… last time I checked I could not drive my digital currency, stocks or any other investment (stuff that goes up in value). But everything has a purpose… and the purpose of the Gen 3 I have on order is to put make memories and put a smile on my face like you and your wife have… once again congratulations and enjoy the black beauty!!!

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Always nice to have the wife on board, makes the decisions easier for sure.

What is the rate you got? Up here in canada, I don't ever recall seeing any special rates for Gen 2's and the current rate on a Gen 3 is 7%!