I don't like the exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdof15

Reaction score
Wow. Forum of discontent. From all sides. Someone doesn't like the sound, has to transmit to all. Others don't like criticism of the sound, have to insult.

Sound level does not effect manhood, coolness, speed, driving skills, or anything else but everyone's ears and personal taste. What happened to a free independent American society where you live and let live, provided you dont act like an @55?

tomcatdad

Reaction score
Well put gdof15! Lol this s*** cracks me up. I just got rid of my 2003 LB7 Duramax. It sounded incredible, especially re-programmed and modded, it rumbled the ground. But it couldn't do s*** off-road, and it was plenty fast on Race mode but the transmission was ready to blow lol and then I bought the baddest off-road truck you can buy knowing it's a V6 and I am so upset that it doesn't sound like a race car :( sound does so much for the actual performance of the vehicle

GDK

Reaction score
Wow...the Throttle will go past 75%?? That's probably close to speeding and my neighborhood frowns at that.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Borla S-Type + Resonator on my Gen 2 sounds pretty good, with the right amount of volume, and I generally really dislike shouty V6s. The stock Gen 3 exhaust sounds great to my ear - it has character instead of being VQ-esque noise pollution.

That said, my ego still folds whenever I see a TRX or R.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Wow. Forum of discontent. From all sides. Someone doesn't like the sound, has to transmit to all. Others don't like criticism of the sound, have to insult.

Sound level does not effect manhood, coolness, speed, driving skills, or anything else but everyone's ears and personal taste. What happened to a free independent American society where you live and let live, provided you dont act like an @55?
200.gif