HVAC Mode Actuator not moving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke0331

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm experiencing an issue on my 2012 that I know has been discussed at some length. I have read those posts, but I do have one question before beginning to replace parts. My AC system is stuck on vents, meaning it will not toggle to floor, or to defrost mode. I do not hear any kind of buzzing, clicking, grinding or any other noise from my AC system. It will go to hot, it will go to cold. I can turn the fan speeds UP and Down. I can make the passenger side hot while the driver is cold and vice-versa.

I just cant toggle through where I want the air to exit out of. From my understanding the actuator by the pedals is responsible for changing where the air goes. With the truck off and the plug taken out of that actuator, should I be able to move it manually from one mode to the next? Mine is not budging at all. Does this indicate that the actuator is actually working correctly since its not wanting to move at all? Or does it indicate that the actuator is bound together and completely toast?

I know that the HVAC Module which is underneath the dash speaker can also be responsible for this same problem so I'm trying to get a feel for what to replace first. Please chime in with any info if you have any.