Dead HVAC Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Long story short, the place I bought my truck from replaced the blend door(s) on my truck and managed to break the hvac control panel. I couldn't control the hvac from the screen either, nav is dead, and heat has been stuck on.

They got me a replacement hvac panel, and I went to put it in today. Nav started working (wrong location but still, didn't work at all previously). But the hvac still won't even light up to acknowledge any power going to it, still no control via the screen either. Heats still stuck on.

I'm irritated as hell with that place and have zero desire to deal with them anymore. I read the hvac panel module needs programmed to the truck? Is this something I can do via forscan or am I looking at another round with these azzhats? Panel is from a 2013 fx4 if it matters, my truck is a 2013.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
ThrillSeeker24
Reaction score
For anyone finding this via a Google search, found the culprit. Put a new fuse in - and my old panel - and it all worked.

Attachments

• 20240405_235433.jpg
    20240405_235433.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 7

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what actually caused the fuse to blow ? Short to ground/chafed wiring for the HVAC panel during blend door repair at the dealer, etc ?

OP
OP
ThrillSeeker24
Reaction score
So what actually caused the fuse to blow ? Short to ground/chafed wiring for the HVAC panel during blend door repair at the dealer, etc ?
That's a possibility. The only thing I could come up with was maybe they had the fuse out during install, and managed to mangle it up like that during reinstall. It's not actually blown, it's bent up real bad lol