How to fix this scratch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At the very worst then I shouldn’t have to paint the whole tailgate unless the paint looks hella different, it’s black, I’m assuming that’s easier to paint match than say anti matter black lol

Dang that black has some metallic to it! Guessing Agate? I thought it was Antimatter in the photo. Anyway, I would either remove it and get it painted or order a replacement and get it painted depending on down time.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Personally, I would do a paint pen. Wet sanding sounds like a recipe for disaster unless you're good doing it.
I’ve used a touch-up paint/brush
From Ford on my daughters 2014 Mustang. Looks ok from a distance, up close it looks like a 1st graders art project :rolleyes::artist1::badidea:
The paint pens are even worse.
Ask around find a pro.
If your rolling through Topeka Kansas on your way to dinner, My Brother in law has a kid that does touch up for his dealership. He does amazing work.

OP
OP
K

khandis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that black has some metallic to it! Guessing Agate? I thought it was Antimatter in the photo. Anyway, I would either remove it and get it painted or order a replacement and get it painted depending on down time.
It’s just reflective from the flash of the photo. … I was thinking about ordering a replacement , but I couldn’t find the right part

They make that in black but not sure if it would match AND where the hell is the camera hole lol

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I’ve used a touch-up paint/brush
From Ford on my daughters 2014 Mustang. Looks ok from a distance, up close it looks like a 1st graders art project :rolleyes::artist1::badidea:
The paint pens are even worse.
Ask around find a pro.
If your rolling through Topeka Kansas on your way to dinner, My Brother in law has a kid that does touch up for his dealership. He does amazing work.
Well, I am assuming the OP will scratch it again. Just trying to help out in this economy. :artist1: