How many paid MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amazing how everyone paid MSRP on here, but out in the wild that's a laughable concept. Next question should be how many lie about paying MSRP or don't actually have the truck in their possession so the dealer can still finagle some ADM? I've called 20 dealers ranging from NV, UT, ID, OR, WA, CO, AZ, and WY and could not a 37" package for within $5K of MSRP if my life literally depended on it. All I can say is good for you guys that figured it out first, I hope to join you in 24 months or so when things (theoretically) normalize.

mike91

Reaction score
When I bought my gt350, I had to go half way across the country to get it at MSRP. It was an ordered car and the selling dealer put my local store in as the store the vehicle would be delivered to. When it arrived, I drove 6 miles to pick it up and paid the store 250 for courtesy delivery. Almost 2k is figured into the MSRP for destination and delivery, let Ford ship it to you. I went to the store and let them know it would be coming and not to touch the car, it was a super easy experience.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
in that case, if somebody knows a dealer wanting to sell a black 801a 35s at msrp within a 8-10 hour radius of seattle let me know, i’m willing to road trip for it.
I haven't paid/picked up yet, but I'm supposed to pay MSRP at Gus Johnson Ford in Spokane.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing how everyone paid MSRP on here, but out in the wild that's a laughable concept. Next question should be how many lie about paying MSRP or don't actually have the truck in their possession so the dealer can still finagle some ADM? I've called 20 dealers ranging from NV, UT, ID, OR, WA, CO, AZ, and WY and could not a 37" package for within $5K of MSRP if my life literally depended on it. All I can say is good for you guys that figured it out first, I hope to join you in 24 months or so when things (theoretically) normalize.
Even though we are a vocal community, between the forums we are tracking less than 200 Raptor builds. That's certainly in the range of folks that could get MSRP. Quite frankly, if it weren't for the people on this forum, I would have paid ADM because I didn't know any better. 5k isn't a lot to have but, is a lot to owe :cool:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not accounting for those of us that are leveraging personal relationships. Many of us aren't people cold calling off the street. We have years of repeat business, or personal connections with decision makers at the dealership. I can guarantee that my dealership is selling to everyone else with ADM, but selling to me at MSRP. That is why I won't share the name of the dealership.

Is that selfish? Maybe, but I am getting a Raptor at MSRP.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not accounting for those of us that are leveraging personal relationships. Many of us aren't people cold calling off the street. We have years of repeat business, or personal connections with decision makers at the dealership. I can guarantee that my dealership is selling to everyone else with ADM, but selling to me at MSRP. That is why I won't share the name of the dealership.

you clearly have a good rare relationship with THAT DEALER.. life has always been connections.. Even if you told someone what dealership you used i doubt they would give someone the same deal.... so i dont think it matters... Nice to be special ..lol

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you clearly have a good rare relationship with THAT DEALER.. life has always been connections.. Even if you told someone what dealership you used i doubt they would give someone the same deal.... so i dont think it matters... Nice to be special ..lol

Well, it could be some leverage if the dealer thought a bad deal with you would damage the relationship with @ganooch

I also would bet that the majority of these MSRP deals were had earlier on, but are much harder to find now. Waiting lists were started before dealers even knew what their allocations were.

CACRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree with this. I have a relationship with the number one salesman and have purchased numerous vehicles from him in the past. It didn't hurt that my Superduty was a vehicle that they really wanted back in May. I haven't taken delivery of my Raptor yet, so anything could happen, but I have a signed sales order from a director at the dealership stating that I will be paying MSRP on my Performance Package truck.

That being said, I know that their other Performance Package allocation was sold for $10k ADM and most of the 35" trucks are selling for $5k ADM.