Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah man what a surprise on the power numbers.

I'm a bit disappointed with the mpg numbers. I really expected (well hoped) the truck would have a highway rating close to 20. Thinking about it I can't really be disappointed though. With the power numbers the truck has plus the tire size I guess those numbers aren't bad.

My current 13' 150 screw 3.5 eco, 4X4 with 6 1/2' bed and oversized 20's averages around 17 1/2. However when I get out on the highway above 70 that number drops. If this Raptor gives me similar numbers I'll be content with that.

Oversized 20s? What's that like 22?

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Tremors have the 3.5 Ecoboost.

I quoted you because you said "Ecoboost trucks with similar height and wheels/tires struggled to get 13 at interstate speeds." and that wasn't true with my 2011 Eco or my 2014 Tremor Eco.

I have multiple friends with Ecoboost trucks that were lifted a bit on 35's and none of them get 17mpg at interstate speeds. My 14' Chevy 5.3 4x4 gets better fuel mileage than a comparable Ecoboost truck anyways. I just don't buy into the Ecoboost hype. If they made the engine sound decent or at least exotic it wouldn't get nearly as much hate but they literally sound like a civic with exhaust and the fuel mileage isn't all it's cracked up to be considering how small it is and the technology that it has.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed ;)

My 5-year old Lexus GX460, which is a huge brick, easily gets well over 20 on the highway. Even doing 85-95 it'll get 17, 18 mpg.

But it doesn't have 4.10s and giant KO2s :)

None of my 911s got over 16-17, my M3 never got over 18, and even a MINI Cooper S never beat 20 mpg.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky to get 10mpg in my SRT10 Ram, this thing is gonna sip by comparison

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Horsepower, Torque and MPG Confirmed" and all you ******* are yammering about is miles per gallon!

It's a $60,000+ performance truck that no other company in the world mass produces and that's what you want to discuss?!

I get that the Gen 2 haterz don't want to talk about how much better this Raptor is than theirs (so they drone on about "it sounds like a Civic").

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have multiple friends with Ecoboost trucks that were lifted a bit on 35's and none of them get 17mpg at interstate speeds. My 14' Chevy 5.3 4x4 gets better fuel mileage than a comparable Ecoboost truck anyways. I just don't buy into the Ecoboost hype. If they made the engine sound decent or at least exotic it wouldn't get nearly as much hate but they literally sound like a civic with exhaust and the fuel mileage isn't all it's cracked up to be considering how small it is and the technology that it has.

I don't really care about fuel mileage in a big heavy truck, but I'm pretty pleased with my 17.3 average.
The fuel mileage may be close, but the 5.3 is a dog compared to the ecoboost.
The ecoboost may get a lot of hate (mostly on this forum:biggrin:) but it must get a lot of love too? It's been the #1 selling engine in the F150 over the last 5 years.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really care about fuel mileage in a big heavy truck, but I'm pretty pleased with my 17.3 average.
The fuel mileage may be close, but the 5.3 is a dog compared to the ecoboost.
The ecoboost may get a lot of hate (mostly on this forum:biggrin:) but it must get a lot of love too? It's been the #1 selling engine in the F150 over the last 5 years.

Lol. 5.3 is a dog? I'm pretty sure the 5.3's run right with an Ecoboost unloaded.. Ecoboost may have more power but that's about it. It still only gets marginally better fuel economy and sounds like a civic.