hood lifting and shuttering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmiracle

Reaction score
I have a 2018 and when I run 70+ mph the hood lifts and shutters quite noticeably especially if i am driving into a head wind. I have had the hood bolts checked and both times everyone said they were tight. Has anyone else had this issue? If so how did you fix it. I am thinking about putting on hood pins if nothing else for peace of mind. Thoughts?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I think I remember my '18 doing that. Haven't noticed on my '22. Can you adjust the rubber stops at the front of the hood so that it seals tighter?

OP
OP
B

bmiracle

Reaction score
It's been a while, but I think I remember my '18 doing that. Haven't noticed on my '22. Can you adjust the rubber stops at the front of the hood so that it seals tighter?
I can take a look and see. Its a Shelby so I know there is a ton of air coming under that hood. But it flexing pretty good and it gets almost scary thinking about that hood getting loose and smacking the windshield lol. I only had it a few months

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can take a look and see. Its a Shelby so I know there is a ton of air coming under that hood. But it flexing pretty good and it gets almost scary thinking about that hood getting loose and smacking the windshield lol. I only had it a few months
Been there done that....in Sicily on the autostrada....not a good day.

OP
OP
B

bmiracle

Reaction score
So I just got done adjusting the rubber bumpers and the passenger side was way low. I adjusted both up so both are sitting at about 1 1/2 inches. When i popped the hood before adjusting them, I had to lift the hood to reach the latch. Now it actually pops up so i can reach the latch. It feels much tighter when closed. I believe it will work and will test it on my commute to work. Ill will let all you know. Thanks to all for the help.