High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the highest Gen 2 I saw on the high mileage Gen 2 was over 180k! (With a cam phaser or two, LOL) no offense of course
Yeah, you still cannot convince me that a boosted V-6 in a heavy package like the Raptor is good for long term reliability. 180k and had to have major work to the engine just reinforces my beliefs.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you still cannot convince me that a boosted V-6 in a heavy package like the Raptor is good for long term reliability. 180k and had to have major work to the engine just reinforces my beliefs.
I can’t say I’ve ever seen any high output turbocharged engine have any longevity, but with the new engine designs time will tell the tale. It always seems that to have HO on an engine, regardless of cylinder count, it shortens it’s life span, but that makes sense as it has more things that can go wrong. I just hope I can hit 300k before anything bad happens.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
134k miles, shock exchange done, slotted and drilled rotors, Wagner pads, New plugs, S&B CAI with dry filter. 5 star 93 performance tune, stereo system upgrades, led light upgrades, rear tails, 3rd brake light, fuel pump fuse done, full synthetic oil, Ford performance filter, drivers side seat cushion and all plastics replaced, true dual exhaust with Flowmaster 30 series....0 issues with the truck.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t say I’ve ever seen any high output turbocharged engine have any longevity, but with the new engine designs time will tell the tale. It always seems that to have HO on an engine, regardless of cylinder count, it shortens its life span, but that makes sense as it has more things that can go wrong. I just hope I can hit 300k before anything bad happens.
To add on to that, a “nascar engine” can last around 2-3 race weekends where as if you limit the rpm the engine can last to something crazy like 300,000miles.

There was a pretty good article in a mustang magazine back a few years ago where Matt snow (snow performance) bought a nascar engine for his fox body and went through the details.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add on to that, a “nascar engine” can last around 2-3 race weekends where as if you limit the rpm the engine can last to something crazy like 300,000miles.

There was a pretty good article in a mustang magazine back a few years ago where Matt snow (snow performance) bought a nascar engine for his fox body and went through the details.
I would love to read that report on his thoughts on the details. A Nascar engine in a Raptor would be an absoulte BEAST!!

Found the Motertrend article! Sounds like he had a blast on the journey to get that up and running. I used to be a gear head in high school and I really miss it somedays but with advancements in modern tech, it kinda seems pointless when a modern minivan can smoke your old high school project. We thought we were hot shit getting low 13s high 12s in clapped out mustang in the quarter mile in the early 90s. https://www.motortrend.com/features/m5lp-1101-1993-ford-mustang-cobra/

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anecdotal numbers are meaningless; there are millions of EcoBoost trucks on the road that have racked up hundreds of thousands of miles with no major work.

I suppose we could get into the countless 6.2 seized lash adjusters and broken valve springs before 150k miles, but once again that’s a small percentage of the entire population.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Anecdotal numbers are meaningless; there are millions of EcoBoost trucks on the road that have racked up hundreds of thousands of miles with no major work.

I suppose we could get into the countless 6.2 seized lash adjusters and broken valve springs before 150k miles, but once again that’s a small percentage of the entire population.
Yeah we have some trucks come in with less than 300 miles with failed lifters etc. ehh it is what it is. Lol ill be happy if mine lasts till it paid off so i can afford to fix it :anitoof:

Edit: i also work at chevy for context lol