Help please-Turbos just quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adopo

Reaction score
2018 Raptor 120,000 miles
Cam Phaser issue x 2
Turbos just quit

So last night I passed a vehicle, and I sort of blipped the throttle at the end for some reason, and the wrench light came on. I quickly noted the turbos were dead. No smoke, noise, etc, just quit. No problem, was close to home anyway. Today I did the easy thing, disconnected the negative ground, nothing changed. I have done a search on this forum where I did see where there may be an air or vacuum hose leak, but I have no idea where that would be-which hose and location.

1-If this is a possible issue, can someone please provide a diagram that I can use to find this?

2-What else could it be since there was no noise, smoke etc? It's not like they "grenaded".

I will say this, the local Ford Dealership, Keowee Ford, changed the cam phase prior to 50k, and it started doing it again. They would not change it a second time, after much back and forth said the warranty was out, and that sucks. I just live with the noise, will never do business with them again. If I let it sit for days at a time, it might take a longer turn over to start due to the known cam phaser issue.

Any help would be appreciated, more than likely will take to a local dealership on Monday.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My advice is to take a slow video walk around of the truck in when you drop it off.

That way you can easily prove the ding wasn't in the door when you brought it in.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like limp mode. Timing is likely out of acceptable range. Waste gates are electronic and fully open. They put in shit old part # phasers .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MythBustah