Help Needed!! Loud Whine under Acceleration (Video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shea-bird

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently installed the CVFab Titan v2 package, which includes intercooler, hot/cold side piping, intake, turbo adapters, and Downpipes. Immediately after install I get the following noise - only under moderate to hard acceleration (building boost). Winfield and some CVFAB on FB pointed to a possible boost leak...but two shops have now looked at it and checked ALL the tubing, couplers, and clamps. I bring it back next Wednesday for a full checkup - 500 miles after install, which will include all the airflow components again and this time the downpipes.

I've also checked and tightened EVERY clamp and hose with no avail...the sound is still there, which leads me to believe maybe its the turbo adapters/downpipe connection? That is the only area where the shops and I haven't checked yet, but the sound is just so high pitch, it's hard to believe it's on the exhaust side.

I have heard other video's of boosted vehicles with similar sounding boost leaks after install of aftermarket parts, but I don't understand why we can't solve this...

Raptor Noise Video 1

Raptor Noise Video 2

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah can’t say exactly, but it follows the throttle plate position, so likely turbo pressure. I would expect it to be caused by the airflow in/around the turbocharger(s). It could be a cracked or otherwise damaged boost/suction tube. Most likely right near the turbo. Could simply be loose clamp(s).

OP
OP
S

shea-bird

Reaction score
LMAO think about how I felt when I mashed the gas after picking it up. Damn near shit my pants.

I also think it's gotta be by the turbo...maybe BOV got jacked up during install. All intake side of the turbos have been triple checked and tightened. could be exhaust side though...

OP
OP
S

shea-bird

Reaction score
So a lot of research points to possibly the BOV...i got under and looked and saw this part...there is a small gap between the two plastic pieces...I just ordered a new BOV and am wondering if this intercooler adapter piece could also be the culprit:

thoughts?

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As soon as I heard it I thought boost leak at BOV. Didn't even get to the post above before I thought that.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So a lot of research points to possibly the BOV...i got under and looked and saw this part...there is a small gap between the two plastic pieces...I just ordered a new BOV and am wondering if this intercooler adapter piece could also be the culprit:

thoughts?
That part is more like a muffler, but can be leaking there. The actual BOV attaches to that piece.