Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DapperDude

Reaction score
I just got my R, and I am having this same issue. Based on what I could find on Forscan forum, it is likely our trucks are too new. They probably dont have them in the Forscan database yet. I sent a support email. Hoping to get good news back.

I also purchased the digital readout HVAC module, hoping this would work. Sounds like the news in this thread isnt very promising. I will probably bite the bullet on the other HVAC module, so that I know it will work once I can get linked up on Forscan.
Hey,

I just got my R and took my climate control out of my 21 and swapped them. Everything works perfect no programming needed. But the heated wheel doesn’t work, nor does the power outlets. Not just the one in the front they all don’t work. Do you have any idea why? Did yours work?

thank you

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I just got my R and took my climate control out of my 21 and swapped them. Everything works perfect no programming needed. But the heated wheel doesn’t work, nor does the power outlets. Not just the one in the front they all don’t work. Do you have any idea why? Did yours work?

thank you
No idea about the power outlets… however on the heated wheel did you also replace the cloak spring/sccm module behind the steering wheel? That part is the critical piece to restoring the wheel heat.

DapperDude

Reaction score
No idea about the power outlets… however on the heated wheel did you also replace the cloak spring/sccm module behind the steering wheel? That part is the critical piece to restoring the wheel heat.
I haven’t replace the clockspring or the SCCM. I just wanted to the digital readouts thinking that my SW didn’t have the heating element but after reading every post tonight hoping to find about the power outlets I realized I can probably have the HSW. But the cool thing on my hvac is no programming it was plug and play from my 21MY, everything worked minus the power outlets. Is there a fuse somewhere? Yes I am sure I plugged it all the way I even swapped the actual outlet in climate control to make sure they were the same. Because my 21 is a 2 pin and the my 23 is a 3 pin. the top connector is what I’m referring to.

Thank you so much

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R
My part number is ML3T-18C612-DF for the HVAC from my 21 Raptor.
Replacing the climate control unit alone will NOT enable the heated wheel in a 23. The clockspring/sccm unit behind the steering wheel needs to be replaced (and some additional forescan programming). It is an additional part and requires removal of the steering wheel. If you didn’t take this step, no steering heat.

DapperDude

Reaction score
Well I figured it out why my power outlet has non power! I have a short in the harness .

I was thinking it had something to do with the swap, but it’s a loose connection, in the harness. I am not sure if it’s the pin outs going to the outlet or the harness itself but seems like it’s the harness. Anyone else have their orange harness loose?

Last edited:

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Anyone have the attached DTC that wont clear in the HVAC module? Everything seems to be working ok. Its 98 degrees here so my steering wheel is already hot but the button is working so I assume it is.

Attachments

• HVAC DTC.jpg
    HVAC DTC.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a way to remove it if your OCD(asking for a friend) haha
Even after unsuccessful attempts using Forscan (and it still keeps popping up), there very well could be something going on. Dig into that code a little more to be certain.