Heated Steering option to be installed by dealer at no extra cost to customers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had all the parts sitting in the box since the spring. I was about to install it this week. Honestly, based on some past ford repairs I have had, I think I would rather just do it all myself. They should offer a reimbursement program for those of us that purchased the parts on our own.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had all the parts sitting in the box since the spring. I was about to install it this week. Honestly, based on some past ford repairs I have had, I think I would rather just do it all myself. They should offer a reimbursement program for those of us that purchased the parts on our own.
Why would they do that? They already let you keep $140 off MSRP!

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks legit. Kind of wish I had waited (already did mine), but then again, I have full confidence that the Ford dealer would’ve broken something and pissed me off.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this actually showing up in anyone's Fordpass? Or is it Lightning only?
Was wondering too if this is just for the Lightning due to the build date range and also the labor allowances info. My build date of 2/6/23 falls within the range but haven’t gotten a letter yet or any notification in Fordpass. I did have to sign paperwork on the deletes which said it would not be a retro fit. Not sure if the Lightning buyers did this too. Also noticed it states 6,261 vehicles are affected which seems low if includes non- lightnings. Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they do that? They already let you keep $140 off MSRP!
I don't expect that FORD would.

A few years back I had to replace a known failure point on a Mercedes E55 I had, the SBC brake pump. You'd literally lose all brakes if this thing hit its max actuations and you have no way of knowing when that would be without plugging in proprietary software. I paid out of pocket to replace it. A year or so later, Mercedes went around cutting checks to anyone who had this work done. I won't forget that goodwill.....or the design flaw to begin with, but I digress.

I know, totally different, but don't take my dreams away :)

Last edited:

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering too if this is just for the Lightning due to the build date range and also the labor allowances info. My build date of 2/6/23 falls within the range but haven’t gotten a letter yet or any notification in Fordpass. I did have to sign paperwork on the deletes which said it would not be a retro fit. Not sure if the Lightning buyers did this too. Also noticed it states 6,261 vehicles are affected which seems low if includes non- lightnings. Hope I’m wrong.
Yeah, people on the lightning forum received notifications for it in their Ford Pass. The number affected does seem really low.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The number affected seems very low... but, the TSC specifically mentioned replacing the HVAC panel which I don't believe Lightnings have?

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe when this originally came to pass the language from ford did say the Lightning’s would eventually get a remedy. And the language was pretty clear that the ice vehicles would not. Obviously things can change.

There have definitely been 10s of thousands of trucks go out the door if the ICE models are included. All raptors, platinums, and limiteds just to start counting. Than all the lariat with 502….

Last edited:

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The number affected seems very low... but, the TSC specifically mentioned replacing the HVAC panel which I don't believe Lightnings have?
you're right. and they absolutely do not have the same HVAC part number listed on that parts list in the notice.
My 23 has a build date of October 22, so it should fall in the range of affected vehicles.

I am good friends with the service manager at my local dealership. I texted him my VIN earlier and will know tomorrow if my truck is included.

If not, time to install all this stuff I have been sitting on for months. All the parts numbers match perfectly to the notice.

IMG-5791.jpg