headlights wont turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tinman44

Reaction score
The wire that pulls off is black and goes to a module pretty wrapped in in there but I'm certain it's a viper component. I'll get a picture of it in a second and upload that.

16146366470013464916381590594857.jpg

tinman44

Reaction score
After further review the wire that appears to be going to a module that could be the viper module is in the plug and not spliced in. There's 7 wires exiting the switch plug.

Last edited:

tinman44

Reaction score
My technician believes it's my bcm. I don't recall the code he pulled but it referred to the smart junction box and there is a faint electrical burn smell in the vicinity. All the fuses tested good. There's nothing out of place to the viper modules however I am going to check with my installer and see if he's aware of similar issues. Hopefully I'm out just 125$ for the bcm. I'm really not interested in taking it to ford so they can tell me it's my k&n intake as they did when my recently passed tech found a bad alternator putting off high amps at high rpms.

Calman

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue with my 2016 F150 LTD. the same situation occurred after a heavy rain/snow event. the truck first went into limp mode and during that the headlights were flickering and I heard several relays going wild while losing power. I made it home but discovered the headlights will not shut off when the truck is off and locked. When I set the delay to off the headlights will time out but then come back on and stay on. The headlights will shut off with the switch in the off position. The rest of the truck reset when I started it the next day.