headlights wont turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am probably just overseeing something simple but my headlights wont turn off. the headlight switch is set to automatic and the lights wont go off when i turn the truck off even after ten minutes. i finally had to turn the headlight switch to the off position in order to save the battery. any help is much appreciated. thank you.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light sensor on the dash at the bottom of the windshield could be bad, but that doesn’t explain why they stay on long after turning the truck off.

Do they stay on after you lock it with your key fob?

OP
OP
singh3204

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light sensor on the dash at the bottom of the windshield could be bad, but that doesn’t explain why they stay on long after turning the truck off.

Do they stay on after you lock it with your key fob?
yes they stay on even after i push the lock button twice and it honks

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a dealer visit unfortunately. Hope yours is decent.

are there headlight timer settings or something you could play with? I mean there wouldn’t be a setting that just leaves them on but maybe it’s a bug that goes away if you fiddle with the menus?

maybe also check the regular F150 forums too. I’m sure it’s not a raptor specific switch/control.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would see if you have the headlight delay on. If so, turn it off and see if same result.

tinman44

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I found a YouTube video with instructions how to bypass with a jumper until I could get a new switch. New switch didn't help. They do shut off after 10min. Everything I've tried and found suggests master wiring harness installed at factory is getting crushed behind the dash. Also heard it's around 1k to fix.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I found a YouTube video with instructions how to bypass with a jumper until I could get a new switch. New switch didn't help. They do shut off after 10min. Everything I've tried and found suggests master wiring harness installed at factory is getting crushed behind the dash. Also heard it's around 1k to fix.

So the headlights remain on even with the switch in the off position? Do you have access to ForScan? That will allow you to pull DTCs and monitor the switch PID in the BCM. It’s not likely that it needs a dash harness, that’s quite a conclusion to jump to. Also, do you have any aftermarket equipment installed?

tinman44

Reaction score
The headlights do remain on even in the off position. They time out after 10min. I have aftermarket installed on uplifters, a viper security system, k&n intake. This happened the other day when it was pouring. Buddy of mine is going to take a look at the bcm and hook it up to a computer as well this afternoon. I replaced the switch and tested all fuses and relays.