Headed to Baja with EXO in my 22 (35” tires) which suspension MODS are needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I remeber how hot the desert sun can get down there...
So when you pull all that weight out it must be rack fwd like heck?
yes, with no weight in the back, the rake is steep and in my opinion, the ride is not quite as nice. Unless I'm taking stuff to the dump or using the bed to haul something else, the additional weight is there all the time. The 2nd spare lays flat in the bed so I can run a tonneau cover. I'm also out in the desert most weekends so it's just easier to leave all the stuff in the back. Your use case could be different....

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What do you need? A level head and knowledge of the limits of your truck.

Now what do I recommend? Bump stops, dust lights (such as a third brake light or something similar), a radio is required on all Baja Runs im aware of, and springs could be beneficial for a little ground clearance. EXO does also have the occasional night trail runs so front lights on either the A pillar or bumper is recommended for that just incase.

If youre looking for bumps, I have some in stock and I can get you sorted out.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You will also need a radio. A second spare would be good. Bed supports. Fog lights. Jack with proper tools for wheel replacement. A new face seeing as you will brake yours from all that smiling while on the trip.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A hot woman is a must to bring along.

Aside from that, everything else is a distant second.

Oh, and from the videos I've watched, it's always the heavily modified trucks that break down.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and from the videos I've watched, it's always the heavily modified trucks that break down.
LOL...this is so true. I've been on three Exo runs and it's always the modified trucks that have issues. For Shelby Raptors, or people who add the ADD light bar that attaches to the bed rails, this is always the first thing rattle loose. they take them off and it then rides on the chase trailer for the remainder of the run.

the first run I went on, I broke two wheel sensors one day. I told them about the issue, they fixed it overnight. They handed me the keys to the truck the next morning at breakfast and said "lets go have more fun." They are great in managing breakdowns and having Raptor parts needed for fixes.

OP
OP
G

Gr8-19SC

Reaction score
LOL...this is so true. I've been on three Exo runs and it's always the modified trucks that have issues. For Shelby Raptors, or people who add the ADD light bar that attaches to the bed rails, this is always the first thing rattle loose. they take them off and it then rides on the chase trailer for the remainder of the run.

the first run I went on, I broke two wheel sensors one day. I told them about the issue, they fixed it overnight. They handed me the keys to the truck the next morning at breakfast and said "lets go have more fun." They are great in managing breakdowns and having Raptor parts needed for fixes.
Thats friggin awesome.