Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well... ford services is showing an ETA off Nov 8, but said that's just an ETA and my dealer would have more accurate info on delivery. The dealerships use a different tracking system then ford services, per the representatve. The ford service people are going off ETAs based on production that is automatically calculated, and the dealer is getting their dates from another ford source. Possibly the shipping department.

As a dealer we do have a different source to track vehicles. However they don't give us very accurate info through there either.

Prime example I'm waiting for a GT350 I have sold. My one source of info says the ETA is 10/21, one of our other sources for info says it hasn't left the ramp yet in Michigan. So today I texted our Ford rep and find out it will probably ship next week which puts the ETA to me around 2 - 3 weeks.

The ridiculous thing about that is Ford knows pretty much all the time roughly where the vehicle is. The vehicles have a bar code on them which is scanned at multiple points through the shipping process. So there is much more accurate info it's just not available to the dealer or customer yet.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a dealer we do have a different source to track vehicles. However they don't give us very accurate info through there either.

Prime example I'm waiting for a GT350 I have sold. My one source of info says the ETA is 10/21, one of our other sources for info says it hasn't left the ramp yet in Michigan. So today I texted our Ford rep and find out it will probably ship next week which puts the ETA to me around 2 - 3 weeks.

The ridiculous thing about that is Ford knows pretty much all the time roughly where the vehicle is. The vehicles have a bar code on them which is scanned at multiple points through the shipping process. So there is much more accurate info it's just not available to the dealer or customer yet.

Thanks for the info!! It's crazy how there is so much unknown info about the deliverys. I would think it would be the same as any other company that gives you shipping dates and tracking ahead of time. Keeping my fingers crossed on a delivery next week!

Last edited:

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally!

Mackenzie from Ford Service just gave me the good news! I have a VIN and my build is scheduled for the week of December 5!

I was the first to order at a NJ dealer in July; white Screw with all options, took off the graphics and CF a few weeks ago.

Well, looks like I won’t be driving it till after the new year.

fijidaniel

Reaction score
My dealer emailed me this last Tuesday to say that I am slated for production in November. I messaged Ford Service and they said no new updates. Figured either maybe someone was telling him it should be picked or Ford Service just auto replied for no updates...

Lee358

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mackenzie from Ford Service just gave me the good news! I have a VIN and my build is scheduled for the week of December 5!

I was the first to order at a NJ dealer in July; white Screw with all options, took off the graphics and CF a few weeks ago.

Well, looks like I won’t be driving it till after the new year.

Which dealer are you buying from?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! It's crazy how there is so much unknown info about the deliverys. I would think it would be the same as any other company that gives you shipping dates and tracking ahead of time. Keeping my fingers crossed on a delivery next week!

I agree but it's nothing at all like that.

JDog

Reaction score
Ford service says my build moved up 3 days... Nov 17th to the 14th. I like it moving that direction!

Mine moved up 11! 11/28 to 11/17. Crazy how much movement there seems to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk